Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really wanting to get my bike out on the track. I live next to charlotte NC. From what I understand my track options are Virginia international raceway and Carolina motorsports park. Neither if them are cheap, are there any others? As for things to bring, I know you need a one price suit and a snell helmet gloves and boots. I'll need a trailer, but what else should I think about? For example fuel jugs for pits...rags, tools, stands? Will I need someone pitting for me? Or could my wife just help out? I don't really know how this stuff works. Also are there any good bodies to learn from? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
There a lot of threads with check lists so I won't list them all..

Most track days are expensive. For the first time you don't need much.. You won't need anyone pitting for you, all you really need to worry about is tire pressure.

As a first timer, they will most likely have a class to show you the ropes, my best advice is to get your gear and just book a day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depending on who you are doing a track day at CMP is pretty inexepensive if you compare it to other tracks. Road Atlanta isnt to far away either. Make sure to fill you tires up prior to getting to the track so you can lower down to whatever you need to. You can ask around to get a good presure for the day. CMP is a fun track a lil rough on tires but plenty of room to run off.

The main things you need at any track day is a chair and a cooler. Staying hydrated and having a comfy seat when getting off the track is key. Mostly staying hydrated. For CMP i'd get with some people on the local forums that might be going and see if you can squeze into a garage if not bring a EZUP.
Bringing some stands might be handy but everytime i bring mine i never use em. A fuel jugg is a good idea just in case you need a lil more gas. Commonly used tools would also be handy in a pinch. Thats really all you nee for your first track day.

Everytime i got to a track in the south, its a good time and meet some cool people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts