Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the R6 (after the HCT) will be a track only bike and i've put together a list of things I'm doing for next season. Please feel free to comment or add to the list...

Traxxion Dynamics AK-GAS Forks - $2500 Installed
Penske Triple Clicker Rear Shock - $1200 Installed
Built Top End from Rockwall Perf. - $1500
Bazzaz Stand Alone Quickshifter - $500
520 Kit (-1, +0, +2, +3) - $350
Dyno Tune - $300
New Race Fairings - $400
Tire Warmers - $400
Transponder - $300

Total: $7450 :eek5

If worse comes to worse about my frame (which will be checked out before all this work is done), I'll be buying a new one...

Frame ~ $1000

Total with frame: $8450

These are rough estimates.... Anything else? :confused

Damn, my wallet already hurts...

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
My wallet hurts for you!

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Be one badass bike when done. Mine isn't even a track bike and I would hate to add up everything I have bought for it.

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sad thing is I still owe $11,000 on the bike LOL... trackdays/racing is expensive :/

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You either have a lot of money, or just dumb with your money.. lol.. Hope you have gap insurance?

awesome setup you have there!
GAP yes!... I'd rather put some money in it over winter while I can... otherwise, I'll have a shitty race bike for next year thats halfway paid off :/

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What club are you racing with?
CMRA

you owe 11k on the bike but your going to put 8k in aftermarket parts into it? why dont you pay it off first or only do the necessary mods.
Because, those mods are all necessary to be competitive... and you cant take the money with ya you know!

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
why didn't you just buy a used track bike? What makes you think $8k in parts will make you competitive?

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why didn't you just buy a used track bike? What makes you think $8k in parts will make you competitive?
Well some of the parts here I will need with or without buying a track bike (eg tire warmers, transponder)

But finding a trackbike that's setup like that (not including everything I already have done to my bike) for under $7k is damn near impossible...

Competitive yes. All the R6s in CMRA are getting the top ends done and are fast as hell. My suspension has been shit from day when and the rear shock won't keep the rebound under control. Do you know anything about racing? Differences in forks/shocks besides this one is better than the stock?

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
CMRA

Because, those mods are all necessary to be competitive... and you cant take the money with ya you know!
There is not one ounce of truth to this statement Jacob. You're racing novice for crying out loud. I'm not doing any engine work and I'm still gonna wax that ass next year:flex:

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Well some of the parts here I will need with or without buying a track bike (eg tire warmers, transponder)

But finding a trackbike that's setup like that (not including everything I already have done to my bike) for under $7k is damn near impossible...

Competitive yes. All the R6s in CMRA are getting the top ends done and are fast as hell. My suspension has been shit from day when and the rear shock won't keep the rebound under control. Do you know anything about racing? Differences in forks/shocks besides this one is better than the stock?
What class are you running in? Are you amateur or pro? I've raced in the past(MX), so I know a thing or 2 about it. Yes bike setup is critical for performance. But, with that a great bike won't make up for a bad, inexperienced rider.

There is not one ounce of truth to this statement Jacob. You're racing novice for crying out loud. I'm not doing any engine work and I'm still gonna wax that ass next year:flex:
LMAO! seriously?

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The motor work is still up in the air. I've been told since I already have the bike down for winter and have 6k miles, I should have the top end done so I won't have to do it halfway through race season when it could give me problems (aka needing the valves adjusted). But you KNOW about my stock suspension problems. So if I narrowed it down, I NEED suspension, warmers, and transponder... The others are nice and well help give me an edge tho...

What class are you running in? Are you amateur or pro? I've raced in the past(MX), so I know a thing or 2 about it. Yes bike setup is critical for performance. But, with that a great bike won't make up for a bad, inexperienced rider.
Novice Amateur. But I would rather set the bike up now for later. I will get to a point where I will need that edge in power. Right now suspension is a MUST. I've been battling shock issues since May. The shock was unloading in the turns. Even at barber Motorsports park which is a nice smooth track...

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
So the R6 (after the HCT) will be a track only bike and i've put together a list of things I'm doing for next season. Please feel free to comment or add to the list...

Traxxion Dynamics AK-GAS Forks - $2500 Installed
Penske Triple Clicker Rear Shock - $1200 Installed
Built Top End from Rockwall Perf. - $1500
Bazzaz Stand Alone Quickshifter - $500
520 Kit (-1, +0, +2, +3) - $350
Dyno Tune - $300
New Race Fairings - $400
Tire Warmers - $400
Transponder - $300

Total: $7450 :eek5

If worse comes to worse about my frame (which will be checked out before all this work is done), I'll be buying a new one...

Frame ~ $1000

Total with frame: $8450

These are rough estimates.... Anything else? :confused

Damn, my wallet already hurts...
I got a lightly used Ohlins 25mm Cart kit and Ohlins TTX for $200 more than your Penske. I would look on wera if you want to do this build.
I would do a lil bit more shopping around before you go dropping all this cash.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
The motor work is still up in the air. I've been told since I already have the bike down for winter and have 6k miles, I should have the top end done so I won't have to do it halfway through race season when it could give me problems (aka needing the valves adjusted). But you KNOW about my stock suspension problems. So if I narrowed it down, I NEED suspension, warmers, and transponder... The others are nice and well help give me an edge tho...

Novice Amateur. But I would rather set the bike up now for later. I will get to a point where I will need that edge in power. Right now suspension is a MUST. I've been battling shock issues since May. The shock was unloading in the turns. Even at barber Motorsports park which is a nice smooth track...
Why don't you just check the valves yourself? No need to pay someone if you're handy in the garage. As for your suspension has anyone set up the bike for you? In a novice class I would be more concerned about seat time, tires and being consistent then building a hot bike.

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got a lightly used Ohlins 25mm Cart kit and Ohlins TTX for $200 more than your fork kit. I would look on wera if you want to do this build.
I would do a lil bit more shopping around before you go dropping all this cash.
After talking to everyone I ride track with, Ohlins isn't very good for the tracks here in Texas. The pavement quality is sub-par and the ohlins are really touchy where as the traxxion and penske aren't. All the top racers in CMRA are running that setup on these tracks. I am a big fan of finding deals on things but when it comes to suspension, I will only buy new. Even tho I have a brand new 09 R6 (bought in Jan) that had to have the shock rebuilt in May and needs it again as we speak :facepalm

1 - 20 of 55 Posts