Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TD brake pads. A friend recommended I pick up a front set of Carbone Lorraine XBK5s. Thoughts on these and recommendations on others from your experience? Thanks much.

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TDs yes.

Yea, I heard a lot of good things about the Vesrahs....mainly they're the best. I may just wear my stock pads a lil before buying some new pads, but I'll probably go with the Vesrahs. You used EBC or Carbones before?

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, good call. I'll just wear out my stocks first since they have some life and since I'm not Rossi :)

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
anybody can tell the difference between stock and a good set of aftermarket. especially track guys.

i'm currently using the vesrah RJL's and they were a HUGE jump over stock. i was getting brake fade like crazy, then switched and noticed an IMMEDIATE difference. i was just BARELY outta the novice group at this point - if at all.

as for now, i think i'm used to the initial bite, and the stopping power, and would like to try something with a little more extended bite. my next set will be the ferodo XRAC's. even LESS fade b/c they have built in cooling points, and are a step or two up from the RJL's. :)

change your pads if you want to... :fact you won't regret it.

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anybody can tell the difference between stock and a good set of aftermarket. especially track guys.

i'm currently using the vesrah RJL's and they were a HUGE jump over stock. i was getting brake fade like crazy, then switched and noticed an IMMEDIATE difference. i was just BARELY outta the novice group at this point - if at all.

as for now, i think i'm used to the initial bite, and the stopping power, and would like to try something with a little more extended bite. my next set will be the ferodo XRAC's. even LESS fade b/c they have built in cooling points, and are a step or two up from the RJL's. :)

Thanks, I'll consider this when I'm at my TD next week. Maybe I'll just purchase some RJLs there.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm currently running Ferodo XRAC (thanks to AGG), I went from stock brake pads and noticed a hugh difference after I used them for the first time at the track, it's worth it to change your pads regardless of how fast you are you will notice a difference

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts

:stupic

Go get some brake lines & go Vesrah RJL's and you won't regret it. My brakes felt awesome on the track.

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:stupic

Go get some brake lines & go Vesrah RJL's and you won't regret it. My brakes felt awesome on the track.
Next set of mods....I'm on it:toocool:

·
slow guy
4,400 Posts
I have Fren Tubos, XRAC's and Motul RBF600 for fluid. My brakes felt better and better the harder I pushed it. No fade at all at the track yesterday.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
the xracs are made to be pushed like that... that's why those cooling "buttons" are so important. more consistent "bite" throughout the session.

·
slow guy
4,400 Posts
The faster I went and harder I pushed the better they seemed. Honestly I had zero concern about my brakes ability to stop me. That's coming from a newb though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts