Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a track day coming up (my 1st) so I figured I'd buy a one piece suit for the occasion. Well, not knowing what size I am (other then size "Jelly Donut" I bought 3 suits. All from Teknic, two are size 46 and one is size 48.
My question is, how tight is TOO TIGHT. Yeah, I've got a camel toe with all three, but the 48 is more comfortable for sure, but a bit baggy.

I know leather will stretch, but how much? I'm 5'11, 200.

I've worn all 3 on the bike--and with the 46's I can't even put my chest to the tank unless my nuts are up against it (i like to slide back up against the cowl from time to time)

So I hope that make sense.

T1

PS...should I be able to raise my hands over my head? Because in the 46's I can only get my elbows to about ear level, and when I crouch, the neck actually chokes me a bit.

Thanks.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
They should not be that tight. They should give you almost all the free motion you want but still stay tight to your body. Go to your local shop and try on a bunch of suits until you get the sizing you want, then go find it on the internet for a good price. It sounds like you need a 50. Best advice is contact Syed Leathers and have them make you a custom suit. It's not as expensive as you think.

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
the 46 sounds like its too tight.
its ok for a suit to be a bit baggy, u just dont want it too baggy or it will bunch up in a slide and burn the hell out of the skin there.

u should be able to fully move around on your bike in your suit, if its choking u in certain positions its not the right fit.

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. The 48 actually feels pretty good, I just notice it's got room in the chest (for armour perhaps) and a bit in the waist when I crouch down..it's not "flapping in the wind" baggy, but you can't see my nipples either.

t1

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
I would get a custom built suit if size is an issue. They cost more and take more time to get, but they fit great. I personally purchased a Komodo FX. Great suit.

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would get a custom built suit if size is an issue. They cost more and take more time to get, but they fit great. I personally purchased a Komodo FX. Great suit.
I thought about that also, but I figured I'd get at least 1 track day under my belt before explaining to my wife why I dropped 1400.00 + dollars on some custom shit!

Thanks for all your replies, and THANK YOU for not asking for pics of me in the suits...my camera seem to add like...35 pounds...

T1

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
fat ass....oh wait im soppose to help you get a suit....how about you get a 46 and lose a couple of pounds:sing..
you should make it to thunderhill on the 26th..

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Here's the thing... I'm 6'1" and weigh 235 and my 46 fits me perfectly, including the back protector. Granted, I think the back protector may be acting as a corset... Back when I was skinny, I could wear a 44, except that the legs weren't long enough, so I couldn't get the knee sliders to touch down correctly... They are both AGV, if that matters to you.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
This thread sucks without coffee and donuts.

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fat ass....oh wait im soppose to help you get a suit....how about you get a 46 and lose a couple of pounds:sing..
you should make it to thunderhill on the 26th..
Maybe I can get the guy that punched you in the nose to hold my umbrella for me!

Thanks for the kind "fat-ass" comment, hose worshipper!

I'd like to make the 26th, but it's part financial part child care issue---perhaps you need to make it out on the 27th.

T1

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's the thing... I'm 6'1" and weigh 235 and my 46 fits me perfectly, including the back protector. Granted, I think the back protector may be acting as a corset... Back when I was skinny, I could wear a 44, except that the legs weren't long enough, so I couldn't get the knee sliders to touch down correctly... They are both AGV, if that matters to you.
Yeah, every brand fits different for sure--I called Teknic, and they said with the suit(s) I ordered, the Violator and the SpeedStar, that they recommend customers buy them 1 size bigger then what they usually wear based on the way Teknic cuts those two particular suits. So we'll see, I'm gonna keep the 48 since it doesn't choke me when I crouch down. I wore it for about 2 hours last night (while my wife made fun of me) so hopefully it will break in over time.

T1

And this does in-fact suck without coffee and donuts!

·
Will work for track time
19,494 Posts
I thought about that also, but I figured I'd get at least 1 track day under my belt before explaining to my wife why I dropped 1400.00 + dollars on some custom shit!

Thanks for all your replies, and THANK YOU for not asking for pics of me in the suits...my camera seem to add like...35 pounds...

T1
I was going to ask for pics too :lmao

Just so we can get a better idea of what we are dealing with. But it sounds like you need the 48 or maybe the 50...
Maybe I can get the guy that punched you in the nose to hold my umbrella for me!

Thanks for the kind "fat-ass" comment, hose worshipper!

I'd like to make the 26th, but it's part financial part child care issue---perhaps you need to make it out on the 27th.

T1
We were all going to go on the 27th but we decided the 26th would be better. Have fun and ride safe!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts