Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just started doing track days and i bought a 2008 R6 based on a lot of recommendations and i couldn't help but notice that the steering is on the slow/ heavy side. is it a tyre issue? I'm currently running Dunlop D211:

Rear: 190/55/17 (22 PSI clod)
Front: 120/70/17 (31 PSI cold)

and im thinking of using Pirelli SC 180/55/17 for the rear...

Any experience or advice?

Many thanks,

·
Super Mod
1,292 Posts
The Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas are awesome tires for the track and I usually recommend them to everyone. Give them a shot, you can run some serious times on them.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Which supercorsas? The dragons are sweet, the diablos are overkill unless you're a fast dude.. Either ones are sick. The heavy steering shouldn't be an issue bro. Maybe your forks aren't in the right spot, or your sag is too low in the front. That's a REAL easy bike to tip bro

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
slow turn in b/c of your larger rear. go back to a 180/55 and you'll notice a WORLD of difference.
The GPA's are made for a 5.5 inch rim and don't have much additional height to them. They don't bow up like a 190 for a 6 inch wheel. You can throw em right on the R6 and go :fact

But they are also a squared off shaped tire. So the initial turn is a bit tougher than other tires, but it's nothing that anyone should complain about. It's just a characteristic of the tire. Not enough to raise any flags in your mind while executing on the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts