Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I need to shift more and trailbrake instead of engine brake.. oh well, still faster than agg :sing And disregard the misshift at the beginning :bash

Make sure to bump it up to 720!

Another video. Check the idiot at 4:13 :nono Unknown rider infront of me :look:

Video from this past weekend. Critiquing on trail braking and shifting welcomed :D

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
you KNOW ima like this vid. :D

stay on the throttle longer, brake harder then TRAIL off to the apex. then start the whole process again - EVERY TURN. i bet you're about 7 seconds high - or greater - than you should be if you just changed your braking markers and stopped coasting so much.

i know your corner speed is pretty good - although gearing in the rattlesnake is wrong.

i hate it that you just started riding track last year. :( it's taken me 3 years to get to where you were 2 trackdays ago. facka.

edit: and congrats on smoothest rider. :D

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you KNOW ima like this vid. :D

stay on the throttle longer, brake harder then TRAIL off to the apex. then start the whole process again - EVERY TURN. i bet you're about 7 seconds high - or greater - than you should be if you just changed your braking markers and stopped coasting so much.

i know your corner speed is pretty good - although gearing in the rattlesnake is wrong.

i hate it that you just started riding track last year. :( it's taken me 3 years to get to where you were 2 trackdays ago. facka.

edit: and congrats on smoothest rider. :D
Yeah, I just realized that I'm probably still under-confident in my brakes since all that rotor/pad nonsense was happening a couple months ago. I knew I was using more engine brake than trail brake but I didn't think it was this much. Looking at the video I can listen to how long the engine is braking by itself.. I guess I didn't notice it to this extent while riding..

Also, new video up of the awesome 1.3

·
Hard Parked
2,154 Posts
Started track riding last year as well :D Glad I could make a bit of a bit of a guest appearance in the second one. Would have pitted but I was pissed at that fixxer and wanted to pass him :laugh

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Sick videos man :cheers I was just at HPR in CO yesterday and I already want to go back... this isn't helping

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
i just watched my only video from sunday - :( - and clocked myself right about 1.20. not bad for the first hot session. wish i had a timer - and videos of the rest of the day sunday. best track ever. now i just need to work on confidence in my tires. guess it comes with seat time with said new tires.

for the record - jess, chris... this was probably the most fun i've EVER had a track day. thanks!

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just watched my only video from sunday - :( - and clocked myself right about 1.20. not bad for the first hot session. wish i had a timer - and videos of the rest of the day sunday. best track ever. now i just need to work on confidence in my tires. guess it comes with seat time with said new tires.

for the record - jess, chris... this was probably the most fun i've EVER had a track day. thanks!
I'd have to agree about the best track day/weekend ever. It'll be hard to top that one. Track day both days, but a different track each time. And both were AWESOME tracks. :fact

hurry up and post the videos!

·
Hard Parked
2,154 Posts

I'd have to agree about the best track day/weekend ever. It'll be hard to top that one. Track day both days, but a different track each time. And both were AWESOME tracks. :fact

hurry up and post the videos!
If they can do this again, I will be down there no question. Thanks for inviting me down there Justin!

·
fok mi! fok u!
260 Posts
I like that view! Awesome video!

The one thing I noticed is that as I braked later I increased my trailer braking just to fine tune my entry speeds.

I do to much coasting I think it's a street riding habit that I need to crush.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts