Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm signed up for my first trackday in a couple weeks and I'm worried about being too loud and losing my track fee for the day. The limit is 103db and I have no idea how close to that I am. I'm running an 06 with yoshimura slip on and an m4 midpipe (no cat). Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do if I find out I am too loud?

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com App

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Id say you're probably going to be too loud. As for testing it, i would probably roll the dice and just ride it. Find out where the sound guy is on the track and just roll out of it a little as you go by....:laugh

·
candy red
7,505 Posts
Id say you're probably going to be too loud. As for testing it, i would probably roll the dice and just ride it. Find out where the sound guy is on the track and just roll out of it a little as you go by....:laugh
This ^ I think that's what everyone does at Laguna since they are so strict.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's thunderhill. Laguna's limit is 92!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
This ^ I think that's what everyone does at Laguna since they are so strict.
Laguna requires stock exhaust with no exceptions unless explicitly stated.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
It's thunderhill. Laguna's limit is 92!

Youre fine at thill. I was just there and they are just now starting to crack down. They will warn you for sure and I know guys that are running similar setups there. Just dont cop some attitude with them and under no circumstances admit or bring up that it might not pass in the tech inspection. The booth is in the starter tower (Roy, the starter is a good guy). 99% sure you will be fine if some of these other guys are.

·
Big ol pile of them bones
1,619 Posts
Hey all,

I'm signed up for my first trackday in a couple weeks and I'm worried about being too loud and losing my track fee for the day. The limit is 103db and I have no idea how close to that I am. I'm running an 06 with yoshimura slip on and an m4 midpipe (no cat). Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do if I find out I am too loud?

Thanks!

I got a Yoshi db killer for mine to run at Jennings (104 db i think).
check here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=yoshimura+db+killer&_sacat=0
If you have this with you and they say its too loud, then insert it and keep ridin!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Wow, that's nothing. I can yell that loud, and I'm a pretty quiet guy. :lmao
Really, laguna is the only place that gives a fcuk. Even Infineon is pretty lax.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies guys, ill just go ahead as planned. Although I'm tempted to order a db killer if its really that easy to install.

·
1,619 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, ill just go ahead as planned. Although I'm tempted to order a db killer if its really that easy to install.

It's better to have it and not use it then to not have it and need it.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Never heard of jennings enforcing the db limit.
I thought my bike was loud, not shit compared to some of the other guys there

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm from ripon, its near modesto. Are you nearby?

Trackday is 5-22.

·
1,619 Posts
Yeah I felt the same way, mine's pretty loud too. But I have heard of them pulling people off for being too loud. I'm usually rolling off the throttle passing the start/finish line anyway, and that's where they read the db level at. I always bring my db killer in case they say something, I would hate to not be able to ride because of that.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
I saw them kick a guy out for exhaust earlier this year. It was right after lunch. Lots of loud bikes there, I didn't really notice his as any louder than the rest.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Damn. I was still pretty wide open at the line so I guess mine just isn't as loud as I thought it was

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
Damn. I was still pretty wide open at the line so I guess mine just isn't as loud as I thought it was
Yea, I was surprised when they kicked him. There were tons of loud bikes out there, I guess he must have been the only one over the limit. That was on my first TD and I haven't seen it happen since.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts