Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few from my last trackday. damn i'm loving this R6, its only my second time out on it.

Due to race it next month, cant wait :D

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
very nicely done!

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
for only being your second time out, you sure as hell got no problem gettin her down low. haha. good pics man, nice form

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks good for second time out. Lower body looks ok, but upper body is where i think you should focus.

In the 5th pic it looks like you are too stiff on the clip-ons, and using them to suport your upper body. Try using your side leg and the inside of your outside leg (gripping the tank) to support your weight, and relax your arms.

Also try moving your upper body down and get your head closer to your hands - your head looks like it is somewhere near the centerline of the bike. In the right hander, it appears you could be looking further thru the turn, but hard to tell b/c I don't know where the track goes.

Play with various styles, b/c everyone has a different way of doing things, but those may be helpful in getting more comfortable.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
Looks good for second time out. Lower body looks ok, but upper body is where i think you should focus.

In the 5th pic it looks like you are too stiff on the clip-ons, and using them to suport your upper body. Try using your side leg and the inside of your outside leg (gripping the tank) to support your weight, and relax your arms.

Also try moving your upper body down and get your head closer to your hands - your head looks like it is somewhere near the centerline of the bike. In the right hander, it appears you could be looking further thru the turn, but hard to tell b/c I don't know where the track goes.

Play with various styles, b/c everyone has a different way of doing things, but those may be helpful in getting more comfortable.

+1.

a good way to practice staying very relaxed on the clipon's/bars is to take your left hand off while goign around the corner. if you can take your hand off and touch your knuckles to the ground you are relaxed enough. if you can't take your hands off, you have somethign to work on.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
good pics.looking good

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
woah! that is one crazy hot track bike!

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Try riding with the pegs in between the balls of your feet & toes also. I noticed in all of your pics you have the pegs in the center of your foot. This really helped me get better balanced & more aggressive.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Try riding with the pegs in between the balls of your feet & toes also. I noticed in all of your pics you have the pegs in the center of your foot. This really helped me get better balanced & more aggressive.
+1 on that

i just did my third track day on the 6 this past weekend and love it more and more everytime i go

i forced my self to put my feet the correct way and i actually was turning the bike in better but it feels weird at first

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Its brands hatch in the UK, a great circuit for testing setup etc.

Foot on pegs thing... well its only the outside peg i lock my heel onto, so i can lock my leg onto the tank, the other side nearest the floor is no where near the middle of my foot, if it was i'd have no toes left :D Looks at pics of top racers, there outside foot isnt on there toes. ie -

Vs

Not that far off am i ;)

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
how the hell did you manage to keep your kickstand?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts