Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only mount where the video turned out OK at best. The front and rear mount I had shook a lot. I was nauseated after watching it for a minute or two. I also need a better editing program so that I can keep the original resolution...well I am really a noob on editing videos but I thought I would share.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another video. The original raw video was too long for YouTube so I had to cut it out. And when I did, it knocked down the resolution. I did not know my friend was behind me filming cause he was in A group. He bumped down from A to see how I was doing. Enjoy. Tell me what you guys think.

Chief

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Damn man! Seems like you're out at Chuckwalla for every day they run there. How's the heat getting? I'm thinking about getting out there for June 12th, since it's the last time SoCal runs until September I think. Based on the fact that they're starting the day at 6 or 7am instead of 9am I'm guessing the heat is pretty brutal.

In the first vid, it always seems weird to me when people replace the audio track with music, rather than laying it on top of the existing audio. I like to hear the engine noise. It's a neat angle, but I'm glad you kept it down to a couple of minutes. Watching a whole session from that vantage point would have gotten old quick. You need to grab a 2nd camera so you can seemlessly edit between that angle and a helmet/tank cam.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heat was bearable. But we packed it up and skipped the last one or two session. I try to get out to the track because I will be leaving on a deployment soon. Riding on the track will be limited at best.

I do need to get another camera or borrow one at least to get two angles and just edit from there. I don't have a decent program just yet. A guy I rode with just this last time will hook it up. Hopefully I can get better videos.

I won't be at CVR on the 12th of June. I will definitely be out there on September 3/4. I might do both days. They are running it CCW so it should be interesting. And I like SOCAL's no session format. It is definitely worth the money since you get a whole lot more riding done. Hit me up Bro if you wanna come out in September. Or let me know when you are going again...maybe you can twist my arm and come out like I did with this last one. Oh yeah, no arm twisting necessary because I love riding the track.

BTW, I know that the second VID was too long. It does get old after a while.

Robin

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
BTW, I know that the second VID was too long. It does get old after a while.
I was actually fine with it. When I watch track day videos it's usually with the purpose of picking up on what lines / body position guys that are faster than me (aka, just about everybody) use. Having it filmed from the a helmet cam on the guy behind is really awesome, cause I get to watch exactly what you're doing every second of a full session.

The usual on-board or helmet cam angles make it a lot harder to pick up on exactly where you're turning in and apexing, and having a full session you can jump around between laps and see how you setup passes and stuff.

I'll let you know if I'm headed out there in September. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow my buddy's truck and get out there.

·
Triple Threat
494 Posts
I was actually fine with it. When I watch track day videos it's usually with the purpose of picking up on what lines / body position guys that are faster than me (aka, just about everybody) use. Having it filmed from the a helmet cam on the guy behind is really awesome, cause I get to watch exactly what you're doing every second of a full session.
Here you go my friend check things out up close and personal lol:popcorn:

VIDEO LINK

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Awesome vid man! I am deployed now, so I always look for track day videos to watch on the forum lol.

Edit: Hopefully more people will add there track day videos. I can get the Moto GP here, but I am to cheap to pay for there online package. So this is the next best thing for me. Wifey wants a vacation when i get home.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go my friend check things out up close and personal lol:popcorn:

VIDEO LINK

Thanks for bumping down and getting a footage of me. The ones I recorded SUCKED!

Awesome vid man! I am deployed now, so I always look for track day videos to watch on the forum lol.

Edit: Hopefully more people will add there track day videos. I can get the Moto GP here, but I am to cheap to pay for there online package. So this is the next best thing for me. Wifey wants a vacation when i get home.
Thanks. I did not know he was behind me. As you'll notice on the video that I wasn't trying to set my best lap. I sped up when I saw riders. I was working on my passing lines, mid corner speed and exiting the corner. I will be getting a lap timer next time I go out. I might also get better tires to see what she can really do. My bike is bone stock.

Probably a stupid question, but how do you like the Daytona 675? I am in the market for a second bike and this is the one I was looking at. Exact same year to.
Look at that...Jerico is selling another 675. Where are you stationed at? We're here in San Diego. He has TWO of them :fact. Jerico is a big baller!

·
Triple Threat
494 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but how do you like the Daytona 675? I am in the market for a second bike and this is the one I was looking at. Exact same year to.
I love it very light and flickable then any bikes I've ridden. Had a 08 R6 prior to owning my 675. Ergos are somewhat similar to the r6, did I mention the bike is very light. Best thing about it is the sound of the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts