Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I need some speed in my life. Keeping it to the streets has made my driving record just a "little" spotty. haha.

I live in Va Beach and a few of us on here and off line are interested in track days in VA. Can anyone give a rough estimate on cost? Not gear just track use and anything that goes along with it. Any special things have to be done to pass track inspection?

Also, is a full 1 piece suit required or can it be a two piece? Textile OK or leather required?

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dan Q:

Thanks for the info.

Looks like Cornerspeed requires $210 per track day (about 2 hours of track time total) and graduation from an accredited school. Cornerspeed’s school is $465 but a lot of stuff comes with it and the certification is good for 2 years. Leathers required but can be rented for $75 +$200 crash deposit.

Earliest event is Monday, March 28, 2011 - North Course

----------------------------------------------------------------

NESBA offers membership for $25 a year plus $95-$195 per track day. Days include 7-9 20 min sessions. They also offer a FREE beginners class that is two 20 min sessions to see if it’s something you could get into. Leathers can be rented for $50 + $500 deposits. They also offer kick ass Yamaha discounts! Check it out:

http://www.nesba.com/Info/Yamaha.htm

Looks like NESBA is the way to go for Yamaha riders seeking to just participate in track days every now and then. Who’s down? Lets get a forum day with them this year!

Looks like the earliest track day with NESBA at VIR is 7/2/11 for $165.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Dan Q:

Thanks for the info.

Looks like Cornerspeed requires $210 per track day (about 2 hours of track time total) and graduation from an accredited school. Cornerspeed’s school is $465 but a lot of stuff comes with it and the certification is good for 2 years. Leathers required but can be rented for $75 +$200 crash deposit.

Earliest event is Monday, March 28, 2011 - North Course

----------------------------------------------------------------

NESBA offers membership for $25 a year plus $95-$195 per track day. Days include 7-9 20 min sessions. They also offer a FREE beginners class that is two 20 min sessions to see if it’s something you could get into. Leathers can be rented for $50 + $500 deposits. They also offer kick ass Yamaha discounts! Check it out:

http://www.nesba.com/Info/Yamaha.htm

Looks like NESBA is the way to go for Yamaha riders seeking to just participate in track days every now and then. Who’s down? Lets get a forum day with them this year!

Looks like the earliest track day with NESBA at VIR is 7/2/11 for $165.
There is a large group of us (mostly from the R1-Forum) that hit VIR frequently. We also do others, but VIR is our "home track."

Hope to see you out there some time.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i have done many track days with nesba and can say they are my favorite group to ride with. be prepared to have so much fun that you go broke trying to enter more track days...

s3aturnr

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a large group of us (mostly from the R1-Forum) that hit VIR frequently. We also do others, but VIR is our "home track."

Hope to see you out there some time.
Who do y'all ride through? NESBA?

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Who do y'all ride through? NESBA?
NESBA, STT, Cornerspeed. Mostly two or more day events, since some of come from a distance and we haul a lot (RV, tents, multiple bikes etc).

I'll try to make it a point to cross post our plans over here.

·
Wanderer
774 Posts
Yea, I got into NESBA with their sweet Military deal. Working on getting leathers and the money to participate this year. Hoping to make it happen. Let me know if you are getting into any this year casey

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, I got into NESBA with their sweet Military deal. Working on getting leathers and the money to participate this year. Hoping to make it happen. Let me know if you are getting into any this year casey
I'm planning on 7/2/11 with NESBA. It seems to be the best deal for beginners. That gives me time to get some new tires, boots and gloves. I'm just going to try and rent the leathers for the first day. I know it's something I can get into, but not sure if I can afford to hit the ground running.

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Word I am in the same boat. Time to sweet talk the wife.
Just tell her we will use my truck and split gas. That should save some $$.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Just tell her we will use my truck and split gas. That should save some $$.
That's the way to do it. Plus it sucks to go to the track alone :fact

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts

·
Never Quit
85 Posts
I would love to hit the track with yall this year but its way too many miles to put on the bike and I dont have a truck or tailer so i'm SOL. I am embarassed to say this but I have never been to the track before so I am nervous to go but I really wanna go :(

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
I would love to hit the track with yall this year but its way too many miles to put on the bike and I dont have a truck or tailer so i'm SOL. I am embarassed to say this but I have never been to the track before so I am nervous to go but I really wanna go :(
Ive got a truck and trailer. Never been either but I really want to this summer. Like i said earlier a buddy of mine coaches for team promotions so wed have some good coaching. Im trying to put together a ride to Blue Ridge Parkway next month if anyone is interested. Have not yet got it all set in stone but working on it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts