Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and do not regret it one bit haha. Don't get me wrong, I loved the six, but there aren't any good roads to ride around here.

Anyways, I traded this...

... for this ...

I've had more fun on the DR-Z in the last couple weeks than I did all summer on the yammy... don't hate :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome!! Some folks don't realize the fun in a motard.
Yeah, such a blast to ride!

+1......the 50th anniversary at that....

I had an '01 DR-Z 250...regret selling it for sure, but would never trade a 6 for a DR-Z....apples and oranges. I wish I had both.

That's a 450 correct?

very cool... i want 2 more bikes. a cruiser, and a sumo. very nice pickup. (not an even trade though - hopefully you got some cash outta the deal).
We traded straight up. It's an '09, only 3000 km and about $1200 into it that I would have had to do anyways

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
You'll have a blast on the SM. Great for just screwing around. Much different bike the the R6, but you'll be ripping around town looking for crosswalk stripes in no time! :D

Just don't try to knock out a 400 mile day on the SM

·
Respect Krew
3,951 Posts
He stepped out of a bike that he wasn't that into anymore into something more practical and fun. At most there may be a $1-2K value difference. Who cares? Some times the ease of the transaction and getting what you want with nothing out of pocket it worth it. I think he did fine.

·
I ate your sister
533 Posts
Sorry bro you got rapped on that trade.
I recently saw a DRZ with a 440 kit, exhaust and the work for $3.5K on SMJ. Your bike wich seems very clean would be worth way more than that.
I might be picking up a Husky 510 very soon for my short boring commute.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i love motards, but i think you got the worse of the deal. i think your bike was worth more.
yup, depending on the condition of your r6 (wich looks realy clean by the pics) you could have gotten a easy id say about 6k out of it...
When I started thinking about selling i was thinking the same thing, but after looking around i figured they're worth about the same. About $5000 - $7000 CAD for a similar R6, $4500 - $6500 for a nice dr-z. It also helps that I got a great deal on the yammy earlier this year... $5700 Canadian with the matching Arai RX-7 helmet, which he let me keep as it didn't fit him... Speaking of which, anyone looking for a helmet? haha

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.