Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of how you trailer your bike - specifically tie down points at triple tree and how you protect straps from screwing up your plastics?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Canyon Dancers?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I use my cage.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Screw Canyon Dancers. They all mess up your grips over time. Just snake the tie down through the bottom of the fork. It's out of the way of the fairings. Grips stay in good shape. You're not compressing the forks, so you can leave it for extended periods like this without worrying about blowing a fork seal.

Might be a pain in the ass without a wheel chock though. But seriously, you should have a Baxley anyway. Makes loading up so much easier.

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Screw Canyon Dancers. They all mess up your grips over time. Just snake the tie down through the bottom of the fork. It's out of the way of the fairings. Grips stay in good shape. You're not compressing the forks, so you can leave it for extended periods like this without worrying about blowing a fork seal.

Might be a pain in the ass without a wheel chock though. But seriously, you should have a Baxley anyway. Makes loading up so much easier.
No problems here with my grips and they're cheap/easy to replace anyways. And you're not really going to have your bike loaded long enough to worry about your seals. Just my .02

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
If you are blowing seals from compressing the forks, you have the bike way too tight. Ratchet straps are simply more than you need. A good set of cam-lock tie downs is all you need. Just tie them off right at the cam and away you go.

I've never had them mess up a set of grips beyond just moving them a little. Just need to make sure the throttle side didn't get pushed into the throttle housing. Canyon dancer also makes one with a cup at the ends instead of the strap. I've never used it though.

If you have the money and are constantly trailering your bike, a setup like the pitbull system is about the best you can get.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
I use the Pitbull restraint system for the bikes in the enclosed trailer, and Canyon Dancer (with PVC over the grips) and ratchet straps in my open trailer. Never blown a fork seal, and it doesn't ruin the springs as some think.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
If you are blowing seals from compressing the forks, you have the bike way too tight. Ratchet straps are simply more than you need. A good set of cam-lock tie downs is all you need. Just tie them off right at the cam and away you go.

I've never had them mess up a set of grips beyond just moving them a little. Just need to make sure the throttle side didn't get pushed into the throttle housing. Canyon dancer also makes one with a cup at the ends instead of the strap. I've never used it though.

If you have the money and are constantly trailering your bike, a setup like the pitbull system is about the best you can get.
The cup ones are what I used to use. They'd mush up the end of the kevlar Renthal grips I had, to the point that I was worried about the throttle binding up.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Pitbull TRS system. Everything else is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also use caynon dancers, the rear is the PITA. I have to push the soft ties through the middle of the frame and join it with the rear wratched straps, such a PITA, when I go to the track I just zip tie the soft tie loop as it takes me a good 5-10 min each side to get in there before a track day. I am looking into the rear wheel tie down holder things, there's a good one for around $120. I wish I could go pitbull but I don't have the space on my single rail trailer (I have a trailer in a bag).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts