Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guyz. I have a question that has been itching me since this morning. Okay, so, we all know that our bikes are CAPABLE of pulling off 10-11, maybe 12 second 1/4 mile timeslips, correct? What are the trap speeds of our bikes down the 1/4? Assuming that the e.t. was a high 10, low/mid/high 11, or even low 12. Does anyone have experience going down the 1/4?

Thanks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Pertaining to this, how bad are high rpm launches for the clutch? Just curious before I cook mine in the spring :hammer

Only thing i've heard related to this is, a team asked a rider to start using 2nd gear (I guess to keep the front wheel down) .. and he immediately cooked his clutch... In another case, a racer talked about his clutch lasting 30 race starts ....

Is drag racing bad for our bikes? Is there a proper way to launch a bike that DOESN"T hurt it (other than a smooth, gradual application of throttle and gear changes) ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no clue about the clutch or if there is a right way to launch .but what i did was rev the bike till about six grand and ride the clutch until it catches then just nail it and hope the front end stays on the ground
it seemed to work cuz i killed all the other sixxes at the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts