Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...is this piece trash or is it worth selling? There is rash, the crack goes all the way through and two of the tabs inside are broken. If I were to sell it, what would the going price be?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
treasure..Some bondo or(fiberglass kits), primer and paint...Imo

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Umm.. Cheap.. Usually if something is new/like new you go half of MSRP..

Then again you could just repair it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Might be more trouble than its worth in cash... People buying plastics are usually in the market because their own plastics are rashed/broken so I doubt there would be a lot of individuals willing to replace there broken plastics with a-little-less broken plastic :p

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Use some Evercoat and fix it yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
like they always said, one man's trash is another man's treasure... so it wouldn't hurt to sell it since the buyer should know the item is "As Is".....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already replaced it...it's just laying around in my garage.

·
12,482 Posts
What happened? I missed something!!!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
For a second I thought you were referring to selling the whole bike because of the scratch. lol

Just fix her up. That looks minor

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What happened? I missed something!!!
LOL...nothing...this is from earlier this year when that B!tch in a mini van cut me off and slammed her brakes in front of me...remember, I made her cry :)

For a second I thought you were referring to selling the whole bike because of the scratch. lol

Just fix her up. That looks minor
LOL...no. I replaced the part already. I've never done any body work, nor do I have the tools or resources to do it probably. I'm too much of a perfectionist to not have it perfect. Believe me, I'm already struggling with the PC and my lever that were scratched and I used a Sharpie on.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Might be more trouble than its worth in cash... People buying plastics are usually in the market because their own plastics are rashed/broken so I doubt there would be a lot of individuals willing to replace there broken plastics with a-little-less broken plastic :p
That's what I was thinking...but you never know, so I asked you guys :)

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
Let me know how much you get for it because i have the charcoal grey version of that in my living room right now. Same damage, bike got tipped and cracked the undertail, and popped the tabs there + bonus rash.

Got both peices from Ronayers.com for $272 if interested in approximate MSRP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts