Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
don't buy that crap. Get eti-fuelcel.com sliders. I have many pictures of my bike after a crash. And each time the sliders are intact. Traxxion sliders will rip off on impact.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Scriptor, I just checked out their website, but it doesn't say how exactly they mount to the tank?
They come predrilled. One of bolts hookup to the tank near the seat (has a hole there). The other part you need to drill through the gas tank cover, lift the tank and screw it togethere there. I can't tell you how much $200 sliders are worth on your $10k bike. Think about that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so it looks like one of the holes, is the same hole holding that black plastic piece to the tank, which is towards the back of the tank, near the seat, correct?

and for the screw closest to the front tire, do i just mount it to that plastic cover, or do i need to do something with the tank?

thanks for helping clear this up man.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why cant i just un-do the cover, secure it there first, both sides, than drop in back into place on the bike, then screw it down in the back by the seat?

i only ask cause i'm not familiar or comfortable messing with my tank.

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
why cant i just un-do the cover, secure it there first, both sides, than drop in back into place on the bike, then screw it down in the back by the seat?

i only ask cause i'm not familiar or comfortable messing with my tank.
That's exactly how you put them on. Here's a pic of mine. All you have to do is paint them and you can hardly tell they're sliders...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts