Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just signed up for this site after doing quite a bit of research and lurking for the past few months.

My name is Austin, I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I'm currently studying automotive at the local College. Anything with an engine or wheels has always been a huge part of my life.
I have wanted a bike for a long time, and finally did something about it recetly. I started looking at the bike that has always caught my attention, the R6. After pricing out insurance I VERY quickly realized that it would not be doable due to my age (20). The absolute lowest quote I received for an R6 was over $500 a month, closer to $600 since I only have my beginners at the moment. *sigh* :(
I decided the best thing to do was to buy a cheap, small engined starter bike, get my full motorcycle license with it, then buy the R6 I've always wanted after my insurance rates have dropped. So this year, much to my mother's excitement (sarcasm), I picked this up. On Mother's day no less...:
Toothless by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

2009 Honda CBR125R. Yes, I know, it's a 125. haha Honestly I make jokes about it all the time, hence the name "Toothless". The bike market around here is pretty bad. Everything is expensive. I wanted a Ninja 250R for my first bike, but I wasn't willing to drop the $3,000+ they were asking on a bike I plan on keeping a year or less. I could also have gone with an older 250, but wanted EFI. This bike, as small as it is, is still pretty fun for what it is. I think being able to keep it pinned all the time is what makes it fun. I have gotten the opportunity to ride a few 600s, and man, I can't wait to ride it all the time. I keep telling myself that this bike is just a tool to get experience so I can have the bigger bike.

Anyways, I'll be around the forum as I keep working towards getting my R6. I just wanted to introduce myself.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts