1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
USC
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im gonna get my r6 soon hopefully and i plan to get that
"99 bucks for 3 years" deal.

and i know they require a paycheck to show that u work
and that u can pay them their money back.

does anyone know if i work for a month or so.
show them a pay check
then quit

do u think they would care?
cuz i got money from other places right now :fact

anyone have experience with this haha???
for my friend they just called his employer
and thats it...he didnt have to show anything

·
Registered
853 Posts

show them a pay check
then quit

I don't think the $99 a month payment is a good deal anyway. I think it has more to do with your credit history than your paycheck.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
as far as they know it.....you work for me!
na j/k they really got into your credit history...to see how long you worked there and all

·
USC
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit ill give it a try w/o a paycheck first. :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
i think the $99 for 3 years is interest only meaning you still owe the full principal. it's just delaying the inevitable. think about it, it's only $3600. they do it to get you on the bike so you're stuck paying it no matter what.

·
USC
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the $99 for 3 years is interest only meaning you still owe the full principal. it's just delaying the inevitable. think about it, it's only $3600. they do it to get you on the bike so you're stuck paying it no matter what.
oh i knew this already
but i just need the time
cuz im still in school but i graduate
auaguast and i know
i will be able to pay it off
within 3 years

·
Registered
313 Posts
In reality all you're doing is applying for an HSBC credit card. They do the Yamaha cards, Suzuki cards, Best Buy cards and many others like them. The only difference is that is in this case your credit score will need to be over 600 for them to approve you for a limit high enough to buy the bike. Always pay more then the $99 if you can so you avoid the high rate at the end of the 3 years. It's a good deal if you can pay most of it off in the 3 years...otherwise...you may want to consider other financing. HSBC is not the greatest to deal with if you are planning on leaving a balance on the card for a LONG time. They have a lot of tricks to get you to pay more especially if you miss a payment or are late on one. The fine print can get you if you're not responsible. As for the paycheck thing...maybe its your dealer...mine didn't ask me for one. They ran my credit, I was approved and the bike left that night.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah the Credit Check is the big part. When I got my 07, I wasn't working, but my credit is good so the whole job thing didn't matter. On the other hand, my buddy applied for one and only got approved for $5,000 even though he was working at the same place he has for 3 years. (He ended up getting a Zx6R)

·
Ridin it
17 Posts
what you can do is say you are self employed and give them a random number of how much you make per year... that's what i did, and i was only 18 at the time i bought the bike.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts

show them a pay check
then quit

If you got money from other places then just buy it out right.

Also if you lie about your income it is considered fraud and you can go to jail.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
It depends on your credit bro. If you have excellent credit you wont need to worry about employment or income history. If you are young they will require all of those things. You cant "trick" the dealership.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine was the 3 year $99 plan at 7.99%, but like everyone says you need to have the good credit to get approved for the amount to cover the bike and they didn't ask for any employment check from me.
After the 3 years, your interest jumps on a tier rating based on your credit score again. Which is 12.99%, 15.99%, and so on.
Good credit obviously does wonders for interest and credit limit.
My Yamaha card got approved for $18k.
What I did was to get another credit card (visa, master, amex, whatever) with 0% for one year and 7.99% afterwards and transfer the payments to that and get my title, but you have to take advantage of that 0% and just inject as much money as you can before the interest starts up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how old are you? you dont have to answer that question, but keep in mind, $99/month for 3 years sounds good, but all you're doing is paying interest and maybe a few bucks a month will go to principal. so by doing that, you definitely wont be paying it off in 3 years. and after 3 years, the APR jumps almost double and after five it almost triples. if you plan on paying more than 99/month, go with your local credit union. they offer better rates and you'll save in the long run.

·
Registered
81 Posts
oh and to answer your question, all they need is a check stub

1 - 18 of 18 Posts