Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Push your limits.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi this is my first time posting on this site so if this is the wrong section my bad. I have an 07 R6. I let a friend ride her a few weeks back and the key has since disappeared. After alot of research Ive come to the conclusion that the best method to get a new key is to remove the upper tree clamp and take it to a locksmith. Well i cant seem to remove the clamp with the bars in the locked position. Im sure somebody out has had the same prob. Is there any way to take it off without destroying the switch? Thanks

P.S I live in kodiak ak. there is only one locksmith on the island and he doesnt make house calls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi this is my first time posting on this site so if this is the wrong section my bad. I have an 07 R6. I let a friend ride her a few weeks back and the key has since disappeared. After alot of research Ive come to the conclusion that the best method to get a new key is to remove the upper tree clamp and take it to a locksmith. Well i cant seem to remove the clamp with the bars in the locked position. Im sure somebody out has had the same prob. Is there any way to take it off without destroying the switch? Thanks

P.S I live in kodiak ak. there is only one locksmith on the island and he doesnt make house calls.
I am trying to find out same thing right now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts