Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, kicking around the idea of another bike this winter. I have always liked the 675 Triumphs. So do any of you own one, or have you rode them before? I read some reviews online on a 2008 model and the reviews are good, but I want some fellow member opinions. Would just like some feedback on them in case I would stray away from another R6, which is very likely what I will get but I want to investigate a Triumph bike first.

& yes I did search around but didn't come up with much!!!

Thanks!!:flex:

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I personally havent ridden one before...but from what Ive read, theyre pretty bad ass....and IMO they look pretty tits

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
rode a customer's bike home back in 2008...very nimble (lighter than the R6) and had better torque...only thing that's a 'con' is that aftermarket parts aren't as readily available

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I've ridden one through a spirited forest ride. The bike has a little more giddyup in the mid range but lacks a bit in the top end. Nice bike/nimble for the street but I wouldn't have one on the track.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
If you don't plan on tracking it don't buy it. There's a few people in my group who have them and say they don't make good street bikes and that it's even more track specific than the newer r6's. They're great bikes, but still lack some pretty important upgrades other modern bikes are including stock (slipper clutch for example...) and the bike needs a boost in hp too. It has nice features too (brembo, ohlins), but the planned asking price for this years model is ungodly.

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
I've ridden one through a spirited forest ride. The bike has a little more giddyup in the mid range but lacks a bit in the top end. Nice bike/nimble for the street but I wouldn't have one on the track.
why not? not enough balls up top?

·
r6 is my life
260 Posts
i have an 07. I would take it over my 6 anyday at the track. Its super nimble and has an outrageous amount of midrange power. Not nearly as much top end as the 6. Its pretty uncomfortable for the street, the seat is just so hard. sounds sick to!

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Great on the street not so good on the track. The new 675R will be a beast :fact

stopped by the dealer I was going to buy mine from, They still had it sitting on the showroom floor. Still wont work out a deal on the price to get back to where we started. They also have one still in the crate (Which is what I wanted)

·
Centurion Motorsports
198 Posts
I have two. A street and a race bike I love mine. I still like the R6 better as a dedicated track weapon but as a street bike the D675 is so much better.

·
Rocketship
83 Posts
My buddy has one as well... From his experience, parts are hard to come by but that is getting better over the years... It is just an issue with suppliers from factories across the Atlantic pond (and the aftermarket is pretty weak).

I noticed that these bikes are pretty narrow/thin compared to my 08 R6.
I am told that the center of gravity is good which helps them to be nimble.

IMHO... they are sexy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts