Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hauling bike(s) with a 4cyl? I'm looking to get a 2.2L 5spd Sonoma. I know it's pretty gutless, but as long as it doesn't struggle too much getting me to the track I don't mind.

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
it will be fine. a bunch of my friends have 4 cyclinder yota's.

loading it in the bed or pulling a trailer?

we loaded the bed, but didnt haul a trailer

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting her in the bed. Downgrade from my current setup, but college aint cheap. :laugh

·
Registered
61 Posts
should be fine its only like 400 lbs. if you test drive it bring two big guys with you and put them in the back. hahaha

·
candy red
7,505 Posts
Putting her in the bed. Downgrade from my current setup, but college aint cheap. :laugh

thats one badass towing rig :toocool::toocool:!

if you load it into the truck you should be fine! depends on how big the trailor and how much weight you put into it. but i still cant see it being a problem especialy if its a 5 speed

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
aint that the truth....thank god for financial aid...

anyways, loading it in the bed will do just fine... have never had any problems

·
Registered
465 Posts
It'll work fine, when I moved to Vegas I had a Nissan hardbody and hauled my gixxer and another 200 pounds of sh!t 300 miles and it ran like a champ.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I put 800 pounds of rocks in the taco bed. 2.4 5speed only about 120hp. Had to run it up to 4500rpms to get it to go and I need to break sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dieselboy, I got the same truck sitting outside waiting for a headgasket so it will be my toy hauler. . Recently using a 92 Toy 4cyl 4x4 5spd and its a pain to load it into the bed. . Uuugh! So I purchased this S10 (pretty much same thing) and its lowered a couple inches 2-3 maybe. . I've seen them with airbags and they can go pretty low. . $500 bucks for it, I figured its worth a shot. . I cant get it onto the toyota bymyself so we'll see.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I have a 2.2 l sonoma and a 4.3V6 sonoma.
trust me, do not get the 2.2. it will haul a bike or two without problem but they are just so weak and slow it's frustrating.
they only have about 120hp and weigh in around 3,500 lbs. trust me, you'll regret it.

you'll really hate it when some old lady out runs you and she's not even trying LOL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts