Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm looking into a Two Bros or Leo Vince Full Exhaust. I've heard from a few people that a full exhaust will take away from my low end. While i don't see how this could happen, i'm kinda worried about losing that snap i love:nocontrol. Are these people just blowing hot air or can a full exhaust take away or see almost no gain in the low to mid? (by the way these "people" are the guys at the dealership" Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
I'm not familiar with either exhaust for the R6, however, you need to look at the dyno chart for each exhaust before confirming their statement. Keep in mind that you will lose the EXUP with a full exhaust and your low to mid will most likely be affected. Your biggest gains will still be at the peak hp.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in general, with a full exhaust, will i lose a noticable amount of low to mid. I'm wondering because my low to mid is perfect, but if i'm gonna lose i'll just throw a slip-on instead.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
with just a full exhaust you may lose a little, but with a power commander with a proper map will prob help everything, (a PCIII will even help a stock bike). but once you start doing more mods, you will be glad you did it. you will gain a lot. b/c they will you all add up, and make a differance in all the rev ranges.

as far as performace i would start here instead......

if you want that to imporve what your already happy with and make it even better, i would suggest...........
quick turn throttle, and 520 sprockets 15 front (-1), 50 rear (+2) 520 chain
you will get the most noticable differance for the money spent,
even though you are not adding any HP, you will notice the most with these.

then.............
BMC Race filter, full exhaust, PCIII w/downloaded map

then if you want move on to..............
factory pro v stax, slide stop kit, ignition advancer, Smog Block Off Plates, and then get the bike dynoed with a custom PCIII map.

just ideas

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome, sounds like the 520 is a good start for right now. A full exhaust is def a must though, but it sounds like a lot of tweaking and $$ for the full effect. Thanks for everyones input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts