And see if I can get a solid 10sec pass out of consistent ly

Its an 05 r6 mods consist of
-1+2 520 conversion
2 bros shorty black edition pipe
K&n filter
Power commander 3
Vortex lowering links lowered 3 inches

It pulls very hard all the way through the power band so I figured id
Take it an see what I get..you guys think its doable with these mods??? I weigh 135lbs

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
So I have been wanting to take my bike to the strip

-1+2 520 conversion
K&n filter
Power commander 3

Take it an see what I get..you guys think its doable with these mods??? I weigh 135lbs
Um, its doable completely stock for a 220lb man. With those mods and someone talented and your size (even with the necessary booster seat), it should do 9s.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
So I have been wanting to take my bike to the strip

-1+2 520 conversion
K&n filter
Power commander 3

If I can run 7s flat in the 1/8th on a bone stock bike... you should be able to run basement 10s with ease. :lmao Are you man enough to let the clutch fly? :secret

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great answers guys ill just have to see what I can get out her..weres is ideal to launch at?? Iowered it
Cause it uses to come up 1-4th with a light person like me on it

·
4,811 Posts
Great answers guys ill just have to see what I can get out her..weres is ideal to launch at?? Iowered it
Cause it uses to come up 1-4th with a light person like me on it
you dont ride on the passenger seat... get your weight over the front of the bike and put the throttle on the stop. Like redis said... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lmao

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
you dont ride on the passenger seat... get your weight over the front of the bike and put the throttle on the stop. Like redis said... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lmao
You just have to be willing to blow a clutch out. :fact

And honestly, lowering the front will be worth more than more hp. Then just get out over the front of the thing. Switching to GP shift pattern also makes it a lot easier.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
a five and five ones should do it, I would imagine.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
And start taking shit off the bike. Fold in the mirrors. pump the front tire up to 40psi. make sure to tuck behind the fairing. Quick shift with a preloaded shifter. lose the toolkit, passenger pegs, blinkers, horn, mirrors, bar ends, and anything else. Get a light battery. All that can be done for the price of the battery and itll be faster. 10s all day long.

·
4,811 Posts
And start taking shit off the bike. Fold in the mirrors. pump the front tire up to 40psi. make sure to tuck behind the fairing. Quick shift with a preloaded shifter. lose the toolkit, passenger pegs, blinkers, horn, mirrors, bar ends, and anything else. Get a light battery. All that can be done for the price of the battery and itll be faster. 10s all day long.
make sure your wheels spin freely and your chain is lube nicely too.
Move the bars out some too.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
make sure your wheels spin freely and your chain is lube nicely too.
Move the bars out some too.
With the kawi I even loosen up the rear axle nut a little since its pinned.

Keep a minimum amount of fuel in the tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Geez never knew how many trolls are on here.thanks for the ones actually giving good tips
Ive launched a couple gsxrs pretty good so ill just practice ill be happy with some 1.8 60ft....im buying straps for the front soon as well

·
4,811 Posts
Geez never knew how many trolls are on here.thanks for the ones actually giving good tips
Ive launched a couple gsxrs pretty good so ill just practice ill be happy with some 1.8 60ft....im buying straps for the front soon as well
No need for a strap. Not with 1.8s... should be able to hit 1.7s with not much issue. I can do it on stock streetbike.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
No need for a strap. Not with 1.8s... should be able to hit 1.7s with not much issue. I can do it on stock streetbike.
:werd 1.7s are a little tougher for a fat man like men on a 600, but certainly doable without a strap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool then ill just do it with out the strap always room for improvements im planning on
Running a dyno jet quickshifter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts