1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
49 Posts
on the very bottom by the license plate there is a little "V" cut into the light so it doesnt sit exactly flush with the plastic like the stock light does. The 07 r6 had the "V" in the light and would sit flush with the plastic. You will never notice it is even there unless you get on your knees and look up at the light and you still won't notice that the "V" shouldn't be there. Tons of people have looked at the taillight up close and never noticed the "V".

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
dirtbiker, can you get a picture from under the tail so we can see the V. I know what you are speaking of, but want to see an actual picture installed to decide if i want to wait for the 08 tail, or if i want to go ahead with the 06-07 tail light.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here is a pic of my 08 with the CA integrated tail... I agree, you have to be looking for it to notice the bottom of the light.

Attachments

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
No, the V is built into the tail light plastic. It is the way the 06-07 taillights were made. The 08 doesnt have this and that is why they are making a new taillight.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sucks!!!!!! Can someone take a picture up close so I can see how bad it is? Thanks. T

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Ok, here ya go. These are both pics of an 08 r6

Here is the "v" that was mentioned. The gap along the sides is slightly more prominent as well.

And yet another

Here is a pic of an 06-07 light that has not yet been installed. The pen points to that oh so unacceptable imo "v"

And now for comparison purposes, The stock light in my 08, (pre fender eliminator, of course) No "v" and very little gap.

Now then, here's what I've done. Unhappy with the look of the 07 light, I removed my stock light and sent it to Jon at Custom LED. He took apart my 08 light, and installed the retro fit led kit into it then sent it back, all within two weeks. Between parts and labour about $100. Well worth it, but again, just my opinion.

Poor pic but you get the idea.

Cheers!

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Tripage,

For what its worth i heard that CA is going to start shipping the '08 integrated tail light in June. So its pretty much right around the corner. I noticed the gap on the left side and that is unsettling to me because water can get inside and if your wiring isnt sealed properly then you run the risk of shorting out something. I myself am going the integrated tail light route but am going to wait until the '08 model comes out.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
:werd
I'm waiting, too. But I'm not only waiting for the CA Taillight, I'm also waiting for passenger peg block-offs, and a solo seat cowl that doesn't have a pad.

·
Registered
320 Posts
and a solo seat cowl that doesn't have a pad.
:werd i just ordered the gytr one. wish they didnt have that stupid pad. i removed my rear pegs today to. looks like tits in my opinion.

does any one know if you can get just the lens? i want just a smoked lens and dont really care for the integrated tail.

i guess if i had to i could run an intergrated tail with my leds.

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going to go a different route with the taillight. A little more expensive but it's worth it. Have dealt with this company before, can't wait for the new 08 version so I will just make it work.... T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts