Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to put on some track fairings on an 08 r6 and need a bit of help. I am trying to take off the front end (not forks or anything) like the headlights and everything so I can put on the upper race fairings. So I disconnect these cables located near the coolant resevoir:

I then have the windscreen off and unbolt the 4 bolts holding up everything. Then I realize these cables are also attached to the dash:

It seems all these wires are wrapped up together and connect the dash/headlights/turn signals at the point in the first picture.

Now, am I correct in assuming disconnecting everything would stop many or all of the functions of the dash? Do I have to open up the electrical tape and figure out which wires are just for the headlights and what is for the rest?

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
dont disconnect any of those wires just to put race fairings on. Just disconnect your headlight wires (blue connectors) at the headlight and you should be good to go after that. If you have HID's like I do, then there's a bit more wiring involved but easy still.

There'll be a small white zip tip screwed into the headlight itself on the lower side, you'll have to unscrew that also.

Overall, its very easy. Just unscrew your headlights out, and disconnect only the wires that hold up the headlight ;)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like I was trying to do too much lol. Thanks. I will go now to check it out. I never worked on my other bike and I am trying to do everything myself on this one so it's a learning process.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Seems like I was trying to do too much lol. Thanks. I will go now to check it out. I never worked on my other bike and I am trying to do everything myself on this one so it's a learning process.

:lmao , thats how you learn. Like I said, its pretty straight forward. Two scres on each side hold up the headlight, remove them. Once the headlight slips out, check for the two blue plugs (low and high beam plugs), unplug them. Also, I think the relays maybe held on the upper fairings, so just declip them from the fairings.

you can always ask questions on here, just post some pics & nudies :cool:

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So took about 2min to take off, haha. Now I got the wires just dangling about. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts