Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a wicked low side on my F4 this past weekend.... some good bruising on my shoulder from the impact and minor whiplash. They had to red flag the race because I didn't get up.

I didn't black out but the corner marshal said when I got up I was pretty "drunk" (could have been the spinning for 50+ feet). My fore-arm is a little messed too, but could have been worse if I didn't instinctively bring my arms in.

Just a friendly reminder to keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.... when you fall off your ride, I mean.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glad to hear you're alright for the most part, hope you heal quickly.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
Eeesh...glad it wasn't worse, cause we all know it always can be...

Did you finger out what caused the low side?

Sent from

My LG Spectrum

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Bike needs new clipons, rearsets and some more fibreglass repair (after I just re did everything and re painted a month ago lol). Suit will need to be patched up too.

There was an earlier crash on the same corner that morning, so it might have had some residue or be a bit greasy... I was almost red-line 2nd when coming out of it and the front tire just gave up or might have hit that greasy crash spot.

Definitely wasn't user error, but I'm happy with my performance. Improved 3 seconds from Saturday and seeing as I'm only another 2-3 behind the Top 5, it's a HUGE improvement for me (after being lapped the same time last year).

This is at Ontario's Grand Bend Motorplex. Leader's fastest time was 1:12 and my fastest was 1:15. I need to get used to riding that pace for longer though, I was completely burned out by last two laps in the morning race lol. The crash happened in the afternoon.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
thread is worthless without pictures!! lol..
glad you are ok though. Good advice! keep them hands in a fist too. It's easy to break a finger when trying to slow your slide from 98mph.. a finger in the dirt won't help, it just gets broke.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corner marshall had a digital camera.... waiting to see if she got pictures! I hope so lol.

My Go Pro camera flung off when the bike flipped in the grass, but someone found it/picked it up. Will have to wait until next round to get it back!

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
I you didn't already, engrave your name/number on cameras. Seems like every trackday/race round some end up in a "lost and found", and usually stay "lost".

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I you didn't already, engrave your name/number on cameras. Seems like every trackday/race round some end up in a "lost and found", and usually stay "lost".
I did the exact same, that's how it was identified. Name, bike # and cell phone.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys don't zip tie your go pro to anything? I did cause I don't trust the mounts lol, even though I've never had a problem with them.

Sent from my SCH-R530U
Nope. Ive used that little rubber piece/lock thingy that came with it sometimes. But most of the time I don't. The one time the mount failed was because I didn't clean the surface of the plastics enough and the actual sticky tape gave up :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts