Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Tuner needed!? East NM/West TX area

848 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  BoricuaEvo 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I looked everywhere online, googled but no luck really. I am trying to look for a Bike tuner close to Clovis, NM/Lubbock/Amarillo area...

I was just wanting to know if you would have any suggestions where to go? I've tried David Browns in Amarillo but he told me they stopped doing Dyno tuning because there was very customers coming threw.
I've heard of Johnny Cheese tuning but that dude is located in Austin, there's not way... :nono
Any will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#2 ·
:popcorn:

#3 ·
Bump for some info early in the morn...

#4 ·
Anybody? Sh*t looks like I'm going to have to trailer my bike to Austin or something...

#5 ·
Sorry man, I thought I replied but I didn't see it in my sent messages. I had a whole reply typed out and everything.. so I'll just retype it here.

There isn't one in lubbock. However, you have the Auto Tuner for the PCV and there's absolutely no reason to spend the money on a dyno. Auto Tuners and Bazzaz AFM units would be completely worthless if they didn't accomplish the same thing as a dyno.

They do the work of a dyno constantly so you don't have to take it somewhere. I don't se why you would want to spend the $200+ on a dyno when the unit that you already paid for and installed on your bike does the same exact thing, if not better.

#6 ·
I got ya... I figured I would get it fine tuned and then let auto do it's thing where ever I go.

Thanks for the answer, I will let the Auto tune do it's magic.

#8 ·
I'll be back on the 4th of Dec... The wife is going to pick me up and then we're headed to Cannon AFB... I have to drop off my weapons... I was thinking about spending sometime in Lubbock, maybe going to Rockfish or something but I can't leave my weapons in the car... :nono

I will definitely be riding out to Lubbock again since I'll be off for a good month

#10 ·
I know...:nono

My wife was telling me that I won't be able to ride as much when I get back... The bad part is that in Jan I have to go to School for a job change in the Military for another 6 months...

All in all, it's going to be 1 year since I've really ridden my bike... It only has 2K miles on it... :cuss

Well when it gets warmer we got to hook up and do some cruises...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.