Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I used to have an R6...
63 Posts
bike won

That bike didnt even wind out. even a stock can is louder than that at high RPM's. the guy taking the video is a retard. listen to the throttle of the bike. stupid cagers :drink

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: bike won

c_hale007 said:
That bike didnt even wind out. even a stock can is louder than that at high RPM's. the guy taking the video is a retard. listen to the throttle of the bike. stupid cagers :drink
Yeah I saw that vid a while ago.I thought the same as you.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Didn't look like a very long race.
I took a turbo M5 on my R6 with no problem.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but the BMW would have to have a lot of mods to beat an R6 with a good rider.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah no contest there. the bike slowed for the corner it looked like and he was alreay far ahead when they passed the camera. i've been on bmw drives, and as far as cages go...not bad. not bad at all. but they still ain't faster than us :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
A car with 500-600 HP, may take a 600cc from a 60 mile roll i think. I've seen it done before. By a DSM with 620 hp at the wheels. Beat a zx6-r, and a R6. That beamer did not look fast at look, and the bike look like it got off the gas before the corner came up

·
Registered
261 Posts
ROFL that bum on the camara said his friend one. That bmw was like 2 or 3 car lengths behind the bike. The bike let off the gas then the car pulled up and had the balls to show his blinkers. BMW driver did a ricer move
( flahes blinkers when other racer has already parked his car with a drink in his hand)

·
Registered
282 Posts
OMG! The bike totally beat the car, he just let up early. He probably would have put more of a gap on it if he had stayed on the throttle. The best part of all this was the responses left on that forum.

"BMW won the bike was ahead but the car caught up at the end
Bikes always get the jump against cars because bikes are real light"

-99Bluehawk (idiot)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know, the people in that forum sound like they no shit about cars. They put a turbo in a car and they think thier Richard petty.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The guy on the 6 let off big time. He had him smoked by the time he topped the hill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
haha if u look the bmw had his blinkers on since the start of the race right when u could see his tailights they are blinking even when he was 3 cars behind haha

·
Registered
728 Posts
I totally agree. That bike won. The sad thing was that the bimmer was 2-3 carlengths behind and turned on the hazards :roll: . It was obvious that the bike let off due to the turn coming up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
TexasR6 said:
I'm not saying it can't happen, but the BMW would have to have a lot of mods to beat an R6 with a good rider.

That BMW has sooooooooooo much mods, can't remember what it dynoed at but one fast fucking car, holy shit. It's possible it beat the R6, but an R6 runs what in the 1/4?? Completely sent from one side of the US to the to the other just to have the best people and products installed, cars worth soooo much its rediculous.

Come on people haven't you ever seen the Mischief videos??!!
Mischief
Mischief 3000
Mischief destroy
Mischief invasion
search and buy these videos! (dvd only)

best videos by far, can't remember which one shows the build up on the beemer

·
Registered
728 Posts
[quote='01R6]
TexasR6 said:

That BMW has sooooooooooo much mods, can't remember what it dynoed at but one fast fucking car, holy shit. It's possible it beat the R6, but an R6 runs what in the 1/4?? Completely sent from one side of the US to the to the other just to have the best people and products installed, cars worth soooo much its rediculous.

Come on people haven't you ever seen the Mischief videos??!!
Mischief
Mischief 3000
Mischief destroy
Mischief invasion
search and buy these videos! (dvd only)

best videos by far, can't remember which one shows the build up on the beemer[/quote]

I hope I can speak for all of us and say of course, the bimmer was fast. To actually keep up with a sport bike, you'd have to have a lot of mods, and it showed in the video that the bimmer was holding it's own. But as many of us stated, the bike was so much farther and had to let off due to that turn coming up.

Maybe if the race was from 50mph to top speed, then I'd say yeah, the bimmer would have wooped the bike due to aerodynamics. I don't want to take anything away from that bimmer; hell, maybe if the race was 5 seconds longer, the bimmer would've caught up and pass the bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gosh I wish that video would disappear. It shows up every few months on one of the R6 forums. I sold my M3 so I could get an R6. The M3 is my favorite cage and I will get one again but I would never say that it beat a motorcycle. The fastest M3(800-900hp) in the world(not the one in the video) is running high 10s in the 1/4 so thats pretty close to the new R6. There are also some M3s overseas that have Twin Turbo Supra engines that might be able to take a bike. But that video is a joke.

I took a turbo M5 on my R6 with no problem
:bsflag You sure it had a turbo??

·
I used to have an R6...
63 Posts
super fast bimmer

I just want to say that I hope that was no-one from this forum. So far we have been pretty fortunate in our low-sides or our "friends" wrecking our rides. But I want to go on the record and hope that we are all bieng safe out there when we ride. I really enjoy reading everyones $.02. maybe one day all the topics will come up in some time capsule and save the world...LOL

"It doesnt matter if its 1 in the air or 2 on the ground, just keep the rubber side down." TeamRSD.com :cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do the math. An R6 with an average sized rider weighs a total of 550 lbs. (375 lbs. bike + 175 lbs rider) and has about 105 hp at the wheel. That means that a mod-ed up BMW M3 that weighs a total of 3575 lbs. (3400 lbs. car + 175 lbs driver) would have to make 682.5 hp at the rear wheels to have the same power to weight ratio as the R6! A BMW M5 at a total of 4175 lbs. (4000 lbs. car + 175 lbs driver) would have to make 797 hp at the wheels. It can be done... but your average street racing punk probably won't be the one that will be doing it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
kenji, the theory you listed is good for off the line ecceleration, but it's different from roll on. Once a big piece of metal is rolling it doesn't take as much power to keep it going.

"Unsprung weight" and "weight distribution" take effect when racing from roll on. The power and weight ratio will then change as the suspension is working.

I don't know how that race started, but it looked like the r6 was kicking the bmw's ass. It just looks like the r6 let off the throttle at the end of the road and the beema caught up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts