Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
saw that the other day..., for $35, might be worth it..., not having to make shift something....

But, I'm still gonna try to integrate the R1's running lights since we have the "undrilled holes" there on the 04s

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
my 2000th post!!!

okay if you are going to use this kit as your front turnsignals and not use the regular front turnsignals, then in my opinion its a bad idea.
1) for oncoming traffic its hard to see the bulb flashing with the headlight on.
2) drivers/riders beside you cant see anything flashing if your turnsignals are in your headlight.

you are better off getting this kit and using it for your parking lights just like the european bikes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
1) for oncoming traffic its hard to see the bulb flashing with the headlight on.
2) drivers/riders beside you cant see anything flashing if your turnsignals are in your headlight.
I definitely see your point..., but I'm wondering, how important is it to ensure that oncoming traffic can see them? At least for me, even in my car, and another car is crossing my lane to turn..., I really only notice their blinkers at a stoplight. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to it.... I definitely see the need for blinkers on the back, but on the front, I'm looking at the mod as more of a novelty, sort of, "hey, look at something different" sort of thing.

Not trying to argue, just my humble opinion.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
r6dirtydave said:
stoneloco808 said:
I definitely see your point..., but I'm wondering, how important is it to ensure that oncoming traffic can see them? At least for me, even in my car, and another car is crossing my lane to turn..., I really only notice their blinkers at a stoplight. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to it.... I definitely see the need for blinkers on the back, but on the front, I'm looking at the mod as more of a novelty, sort of, "hey, look at something different" sort of thing.

Not trying to argue, just my humble opinion.

if thats what you want for your bike then go for it. it does look different. it is of course your bike. im not here to say what is legal or not or what other people think is visible. for me i want my front signals to be visible. im sure other people here wanted to do this mod but never thought about what other people see or cant see with the turn signals in the headlight. im just trying to pass some information to the new riders who also read some of these threads as a reference.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Being that you are on a motorcycle and not in a car you want to attract as much attention to yourself as you can to help ensure that you are seen. You could go either way though, if it is worth it to you then do it, but be careful.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the euro LED signal on my '05 R6 and you can't see them for squat with the headlights on (and the headlights are ALWAYS on). I also have flushmount LED signals on the side, which can only be seen from the side. I'm seriously considering reinstalling the front stalks, or at least buying smaller stalks. I haven't decided for sure yet. So far, I've just used hand signals the few times I've been able to ride in this weather because I know the front signals are not visible. But here is another way of looking at it: If a cager actually SEES you, but they don't see your signal on from the front, they will think you're going straight and they won't pull out in front of you. ;) Granted, that's assuming that they even see you in the first place.

·
Registered
587 Posts
get some leds off ebay for 10 for like $7 and put five in a cluster and wire to the turnsignals... I did it with leds but put them inside the fairings so inside will flash with the signals.

·
Registered
373 Posts
knqckdqwndragqut said:
umm ya f yall

i did it to my bike and i can send you alot of pictures if you want pm me if you want more info
Do you have pics or video of the signals taken from a decent distance (about a block) with the headlights on? That's the only real way to tell just how bright they are. Notice that the pics on eBay only show the kit with the headlight OFF. Think there's a reason for that? I know WHY they don't show it with the headlight on; it's because you can't see the signal for squat. Sure, the LED's are "super bright" but they still can't be seen over the headlight.

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
remember, most led's are ''directed'', so if your lookin at them at the right angle, then they are bright, and if your not, then they arent bright.

·
Registered
392 Posts
man i 2nd that with cpt. morgan...i wouldn't get the turn signal in the headlights (it's mainly for cosmetic purposes)...you other drivers can't see you worth sheit...that's y i still have the stock front turn signals...Once I have enough money i'm definately gonna get CA or UFO rear turn signals...the arrow turn signal sucks...when I slam on the brakes, you can't even see the blinkers at all...it's bearly noticeable without the brake light too...hand n leg signals werk for me

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think that mod would be nice. for 40 bucks it's also affordable. i might consider doing something like that.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
This may make me sound real stupid, but when I first got my bike I noticed it does not have parking lights, does anyone else have them?

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have an led cluster on my bike, now granted you can't see the left on too well but as soon as i get the headlight conversion that shouldn't be a problem...i like them, makes the bike look cleaner, and they are visible when not drowned out by the headlight (can still be seen but barely)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts