Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Raven Red!
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 07 r6 and want to put on the knew black series full exhaust from two bros but i keep hearing its watevr and i want a good exhaust somethin that will be worth the money. kinda thinkin yoshi too idk
lemme know at u guys think thanx

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
You just mentioned the two worst exhaust options available for the R6

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Not to be a dick - but search the site. You will find 10,000 freaking topics on it.

·
scared of big tracks
8,491 Posts
You just mentioned the two worst exhaust options available for the R6
:fact

so leo vince, akropovic, or graves?
Any one will do. Termignoni is also pretty good if you can get your hands on it.
Stay away from Two Bros. In my opinion, it's not worth saving the extra $100 or so over a better exhaust.

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
so leo vince, akropovic, or graves?
These are outstanding choices for the '06/'07 R6. Be sure to follow it up with the proper fuel mapping for optimal performance. There are reasons race teams use these exhausts too. The quality and performance are there.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Also, what's your budget? The best system is the best one you can afford.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Here's a little write up that I transcribed if you're interested. 12 slip-ons and 6 full systems all dyno'd on a ZX-14. Obviously more power then we will ever see on an R6 but it might help you in your purchase.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128977

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Here's a little write up that I transcribed if you're interested. 12 slip-ons and 6 full systems all dyno'd on a ZX-14. Obviously more power then we will ever see on an R6 but it might help you in your purchase.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128977
While an interesting write-up, it's fairly useless for a comparison. Different exhaust manufacturers have different levels of R&D for different bikes. Like yoshimura might not have as much of a vested interest in Yamaha as they do with Suzuki or Kawasaki etc.
Not to mention the different power characteristics of the ZX-14 and the completely different exhaust design. I'd be more inclined to believe similarities were it at least a low slung exhaust like the R6

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
Also you can find Leo Systems on sale for around $900 and Graves will price match any Leo system.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts