Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been a member on here for a few months now and I always always always see people hating on Two Brothers...

Now I understand people's opinions differ aesthetically towards TB, but so does everything, and sound wise people may not like it.... but the main reason I keep seeing is its not used on MotoGP or its not about performance and all this stuff regarding performance. However, according to this test TB ranks as one of the top performers....

:sing http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128977&highlight=two+brothers

Yes, they may have made some bad decisions with their rainbow colored exhaust, but oh well sheet happens

In my case, I bought the bike with the TB on it, personally I like the way it sounds and I really like the high mount, im not sure what its done performance wise but according to the test its done something. And I dont plan on changing it anytime soon

SOOOO haters, please hate and let me know what the deal is

p.s. if youre gonna hate on my reflector, relax, because i needed it on to pass MD inspection, it is now gone :toocool:

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahaha u must of read the 858 thread and ppls comments about the TB pipes.... honestly one of my boys had a 636 and it look sick.
hahahaha yeah but if there is ever a picture with a TB the first comment is always something negative about it, my sig picture doesnt do it justice, but I like how it looks a lot in my profile picture

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
Seems like all the TBR owners always make a thread to whine about everybody not liking the TBR slip on. Just rock it if you like it and who cares what anybody else says about it if you like it.....they ugly though :sing

Oh yeah......here is your cheese for your whine :laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Seems like all the TBR owners always make a thread to whine about everybody not liking the TBR slip on. Just rock it if you like it and who cares what anybody else says about it if you like it.....they ugly though :sing

Oh yeah......here is your cheese for your whine :laugh
This^^^^

I'll yell you like I tell others.... I pay the bills so I make the decisions. I couldn't give a crap less about your opinion of my shit, positive or negative, simply because I don't use your opinion or taste (or lack thereof) as the measuring stick for my self assurance. I buy what I like, or why buy at all? As politely as I can put it, if you don't like how I put my bike together, that's your opinion, and the two of you can go eat the dingle berries out of each other's ass hairs.

My beef with TBR is that they make pipes that I think sound like shit. They have been redoing that vale pipe over and over cramming it down our throats, and frankly I'm ready for something new. And the rainbow pipe is epically bad taste. I would love to see the demographic of the market research group that told TBR that was a good idea. Was it made up of twelve year old prepubescent girls, misguided drug users, and :homo (not that there's anything wrong with that)? Every time someone purchases that pipe and installs it god kills a kitten and another TBR owner cringes while the rest of the world snickers...:laugh And it's just bad taste to put a TBR on a ducati. Like it or not, ducatis are a step above, and thus require a careful consideration before modding. It's just how it is. Do you want to be the guy driving the Ferrari with flowmasters and a mullet? It wouldn't bother me, if that was what I was into, but that's me......

Basically, don't come to an Internet forum seeking approval of your choices, as you will be disappointed. You won't win. If you're stock, you get dismissed for being stock. If you have a really sick bike everyone envies and hates you. If you have bad taste, you catch shit. It's just how it is. If you have your sense of approval/satisfaction properly adjusted, all the shit talking in the world wont bother you.

·
Registered
591 Posts
This^^^^

I'll yell you like I tell others.... I pay the bills so I make the decisions. I couldn't give a crap less about your opinion of my shit, positive or negative, simply because I don't use your opinion or taste (or lack thereof) as the measuring stick for my self assurance. I buy what I like, or why buy at all? As politely as I can put it, if you don't like how I put my bike together, that's your opinion, and the two of you can go eat the dingle berries out of each other's ass hairs.

My beef with TBR is that they make pipes that I think sound like shit. They have been redoing that vale pipe over and over cramming it down our throats, and frankly I'm ready for something new. And the rainbow pipe is epically bad taste. I would love to see the demographic of the market research group that told TBR that was a good idea. Was it made up of twelve year old prepubescent girls, misguided drug users, and :homo (not that there's anything wrong with that)? Every time someone purchases that pipe and installs it god kills a kitten and another TBR owner cringes while the rest of the world snickers...:laugh And it's just bad taste to put a TBR on a ducati. Like it or not, ducatis are a step above, and thus require a careful consideration before modding. It's just how it is. Do you want to be the guy driving the Ferrari with flowmasters and a mullet? It wouldn't bother me, if that was what I was into, but that's me......

Basically, don't come to an Internet forum seeking approval of your choices, as you will be disappointed. You won't win. If you're stock, you get dismissed for being stock. If you have a really sick bike everyone envies and hates you. If you have bad taste, you catch shit. It's just how it is. If you have your sense of approval/satisfaction properly adjusted, all the shit talking in the world wont bother you.
:fact

every man for himself. It seams to me that more of the hating goes toward the 3rd gen bikes. As I hate it on a 3rd gen but your gen bike I like it on with the CF edition

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
:fact

every man for himself. It seams to me that more of the hating goes toward the 3rd gen bikes. As I hate it on a 3rd gen but your gen bike I like it on with the CF edition
This ^^^ the 2nd gen ones look ok, and sound ok

but the 3rd gen ones look like a cheap Cf wrapped foldgers can...seriously :throwup and Ive heard their shit falls apart after a while too....so its cheaply made...I dont see why anyone would want that on their baby...BUT, to each their own, right?

I do however like their all black one....I wouldnt put it on my ride, but its their best looking pipe they make IMO

·
iLLWiL EX-MaSteR gRiLLaH
1,331 Posts
i think the undertail ones on the newer R1's sound SO sick! like a vette comin at you!

i had a c/f on my 01 champions edition & loved it & also got madd compliments...not a big deal if i get compliments or not, im just sayin.

and i do agree, the positioning of the can is not the greatest but IMO the new all black ones are pretty dope!

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
My friend has an 08 R6, and he's had the TBR polished aluminium slip-on on his cadmium bike for 3 seasons. He has well over 24k on the bike, and easily 20k on the slip-on. No complaints. It sounds tuff too.

I agree it kinda sticks out from the bike on the 3rd gen, but I'm not gonna get on someone's ass about the aesthetics of their bike. More power to the people who have em. Anything is better looking/sounding than stock IMO

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
My bike came with the TBR on it, don't really mind it but it wouldn't have been my first choice if I had the scratch to put a different pipe on it. Love the look of the the black series over the regular one and the rainbow pipe is pretty gay. I'm the one that posted that comparison thread and while the TBR did make more power then some of the other pipes you have to realize that was on a ZX-14. What works for one bike may not work for another. Who gives a shite what other people think or say, especially on the internet.

Now that redisdead has mentioned it, I wonder what Ferrari would sound like with Flow Masters on it.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Like I mentioned to many other people, your bike your style. If you want to put pink triangles on there be my guest. Just don't go around expecting great comments about it all the time.

I don't like the TBR exhausts because the style. The black series is decent but the standard gold/yellow and weird carbon fiber looks odd. The look of the can itself, oval with the big thick tip. Also the majority of people at our bike night events use them and they're the "squids" or "posers" that don't wear gear and chrome their bikes. So it also adds to the image that they're posers, walked right into a motorcycle shop and saw the after-market exhaust (two bros. only after-market exhaust) and bought it without any consideration of other exhausts. Kind of like walking into an autozone and buying exhaust tips for your car.

Now that ghost mentioned what redisdead has mentioned, I wonder what a Flow Master is.

·
I pee in the shower.
696 Posts
I actually dig Two Bros exhausts. I love the way they look... And they sound alright. The best? No not at all, but not even close to the worst.
I've said this a few times on other threads but my dad's R1 has the full two bros black series with no logos and it looks fn sick man. And it sounds like a bad mamba jamba.

·
The Big R
736 Posts
It just looks plain bad on the R6 06+.
Design seems to be like an afterthought.
And the price is just plain wrong.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts