Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Viva capitalism...
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellars!

Two questions, answer either 1 or both!

1) I've heard that the Angel Eye installation may expose your lamp to moisture since you have to cut it open and glue it back together... Is it really that bad to do that? Or does it really not matter?

2) www.motionaleyes.com this seems REALLY cool. Anyone have this mod on their bike? Does it work well? What camera do you have? That would look so sick, I'd then shed my mirrors - hell with em, I never use em anyway.

Thanks!

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
i think there was another thread about motional eyes a couple days ago, just do a search.

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
when you take apart your head lights and are putting them back together, you are going to want to silicone around the gap, to make sure no water or moisture will get it, should be fine after that

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey Fellars!

Two questions, answer either 1 or both!

1) I've heard that the Angel Eye installation may expose your lamp to moisture since you have to cut it open and glue it back together... Is it really that bad to do that? Or does it really not matter?

2) www.motionaleyes.com this seems REALLY cool. Anyone have this mod on their bike? Does it work well? What camera do you have? That would look so sick, I'd then shed my mirrors - hell with em, I never use em anyway.

Thanks!
if you dont use them then why not take them out now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thing is ,with the rear facing camera when theres a car driving behind you at night that screen is totally white from the headlights...kinda usless.

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Thing is ,with the rear facing camera when theres a car driving behind you at night that screen is totally white from the headlights...kinda usless.
not to mention ugly as hell

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did angel eyes as a winter project. I spent so much time taking my bike apart and running wires. It looked cool, but when I took my bike out for my first ride of the year one fell off. The angel eyes weren't designed very well to sit flush on the projector. I had to make a shim and the angel eye didn't get much area to be glued on the outside projectors. So I pretty much threw a hundred down the drain. But my headlight is fine and no moisture gets in. All in all, I wouldn't do it again. Splitting the headlight sucks!

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
^
i dont like how that has a part where its not a complete circle...looks weird and unfinished :banned:

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
How about krazy eyes. You don't have to remove your lens from the bike and risk getting water inside. Remove one screw, insert krazy eye and reinstall screw. Wire them up and your done. This shows the knight rider soon to be available as well. We will have a group buy on these shortly. T

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
put headlight inside of the oven at 350 degrees, let oven heat up for about three minutes then leave headlights inside oven for three minutes, take out of oven, pry them open with your hands, should unstick easily, then do what your going to do and stick them back together, ive never had a problem with moisture, and i just stuck them back together the way they were.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Tri... that Mod is so sick n I want 1. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts