1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little bit of the new press release from
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/news.asp?News=1&ID=4468

What am I supposed to watch now?

In purely economic terms, Liberatore's moves seem to make sense, as revenues and availability of the channel continue to rise. The network now reaches 52 million households, up from 30 million two years ago, and Liberatore hopes to reach 70 million to 80 million homes within the next few years, moving in swiftly on ESPN's 86 million households.

Now comes news via Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal that Speed will extensively revise its programming beginning on August 4. At the front of the chopping block is Two Wheel Tuesday, the motorcycle-themed night of programming. Instead, Speed will have a two-hour NASCAR block every weeknight, with additional NASCAR programming throughout the day on Fridays. Also new will be the addition of a nightly "Wind Tunnel With Dave Despain (instead of the once-a-week Friday show). Despain, a consummate pro broadcaster is motorcycling's best voice for any bike-related content on the network.

"We have not dropped any racing series, as racing remains a critical component of Speed Channel," said Liberatore in a press release dated today, trying to assuage concerns. "To make room, we removed several race replays that simply weren’t performing well enough to be part of Speed’s Prime Time lineup.”

While Speed may not be dropping any series this year, it's a foregone conclusion that several low-rated programs will not get renewed for next season. As motorcycle-related shows have a much smaller audience than car-related programs, it's likely we'll see less two-wheel action in 2004.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Uhhh! I think i'm gonna be seriously ill...
I can't believe they are doing this! I live for 2 Wheeled Tues!
Ya think all the nascar coverage has anything to do with the fact Fox is the home for nascar? LOL The bastards!!!!!!

Alden

·
Registered
293 Posts
damn that is a bunch of bull s*#t. 2 wheel tues is awesome. nascar blows all they do is mash the gas and go around in circles for 4 hours. oh wait ......yea i guess that is more exciting to watch than people flying around crazy tracks twice as fast as they should on 2 wheels were there is some real danger. these people make me sick :throwup

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Just found this post way back in the pack. It stirred up a little anger in me. The new programming blows. You think they could take one nite away from the damn nascar. Yeah, nascar is cool along with any racing, but god, give it a rest! What, we get a whole 2 hours a week now of bikes?Barely enough time to have a 6 pack and munchies. It was awesome before, we could sit all nite and drink beers and see bikes, and not wake up in time for wednesday classes.
Now i have to sit around all nite tanning my thumb, watching nascar reruns waiting to see bikes, and the hour just doesn't cut it. 20 minutes of it is full of Odor eaters, and max life oil commercials.

Bastards :cuss

·
Registered
15 Posts
that figures... all you ever see anymore is freakin nascar..:wtf bfd in my opinion.. there is like nascar mondays and weds and thurs and fridays and sats and sundays.. now.. the one and only time dedicated to bikes is ruined... i say we kill them all! :dog

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
v6mike said:
that figures... all you ever see anymore is freakin nascar..:wtf bfd in my opinion.. there is like nascar mondays and weds and thurs and fridays and sats and sundays.. now.. the one and only time dedicated to bikes is ruined... i say we kill them all! :dog
thats true. whats up with the nascar thing. they should keep it the way it is.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Man, Nascar is so f****n cheap it has to limit their speed so nobody dies or gets 'seriously hurt.' Bull $h!t. It's like giving our army guns and no bullets... what's the point? I mean honestly... they only go one way, and for four hours. My uncle took me to one, and I was ready to leave within the first 10 laps. It sucked. Where can I find the AMA schedule so I can go to a race?

-Solace

P.S. BAH HUM BUG Nascar

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
NASCAR = huge audience = huge advertising dollars

TWT = small but fervently dedicated audience = small ad dollars

Cash rules everything around me....Cream....Get yo' money.....Dolla Dolla bill y'all..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts