Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to my local stealer to get the inspection done on my newly acquired R6 (which still has the original moster tail on it) and asked them to not put the sticker on the OEM tail, because I will be installing the Competition Werkes fender eliminator adn I will need to put the sticker on the reverse of the plate.. the same way as I had on my last bike.

But I was told that they will not do that and even if I had the fender eliminator, I would have to buy the holder that has that long lip under the plate, so the sticker would go on it. They said that the sticker has to be visible and 3" away from the plate. WTF?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
well they are correct about what the law states and what not... but on the other hand ive been riding my r6 around the dfw for a year now with a fender eliminator and the inspection sticker on the frame (clutch side) which is where the inspector guy put it and i have yet to be pulled over for it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
as long as it can easily be seen you shouldn't have an issue unless you get a dick head cop...i had mine on my subframe for the longest time, the only reason it isnt there now is cause i got it powdercoated. what i did with my 04 was cut the plastic of the fender (the size of the insepection sticker) off and used double sided tape the first time around, after that i my "stealership" put it on in the same place (subframe) its just a matter of finding someone that will put it there. check other places that do inspections like mr sticker or what ever they are called. its the same price and test no matter where u get the inspection

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I have mine is in the undertail on my bike. Been off of the bike for almost a year now. Cops haven't messed with me about it at all.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
My buddy had his in his trunk and the cop gave him a "fix it" ticket since it wasn't "attached" to the bike. I have mine on the swingarm (leftside) and have never been messed with

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
^ lately i've seen a trend if you don't post a picture you'll get 5000 q's about where exactly on the hugger you put it

not to picking on any one person

1 - 9 of 9 Posts