Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are actual places to attach the tie downs to the bike, I've seen people attach to what seems to be on the handle bars, but not quit sure... any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use a handle bar harness, Canyon Dancer I think its called to secure the front and attach my tie downs to the rear footpeg brackets in the back.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I use a handle bar harness, Canyon Dancer I think its called to secure the front and attach my tie downs to the rear footpeg brackets in the back.
This guy is right on the money. Canyon Dancer's FTW!:nocontrol

They work really well man, maybe invest in a wheel chock too just to give yourself that extra insurance

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
+1 on the Canyon Dancer.

I use those and the Harbor Freight motorcycle chock. Works great.

If you have the money, look into the Baxley chocks or Pitbull Trailer device.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
you COULD get a set of $50 handlebar tie-downs, or just use the set of $10 REGULAR tie downs like i do. see image below. only thing you have to be mindful of when doing it this way is keeping the strap off the plastics. notice how i hooked them onto the bars.

*sorry for the size... trying to get a bit more detail in it.

ahhh... i remember that day. june 2nd... the day i picked her up from her previous owner. good day!

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
you COULD get a set of $50 handlebar tie-downs, or just use the set of $10 REGULAR tie downs like i do. see image below. only thing you have to be mindful of when doing it this way is keeping the strap off the plastics. notice how i hooked them onto the bars.

*sorry for the size... trying to get a bit more detail in it.

ahhh... i remember that day. june 2nd... the day i picked her up from her previous owner. good day!

now I wonder if I could fit the R6 in a Jeep Unlimited ..... with the back seats down. :sing

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
now I wonder if I could fit the R6 in a Jeep Unlimited ..... with the back seats down. :sing
Harbor freight sells a nice trailer for 250 bucks you put it together yourself. I have trailered my kodiak (Yes a yamaha! 750lbs) over 200 miles on it...

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Harbor freight sells a nice trailer for 250 bucks you put it together yourself. I have trailered my kodiak (Yes a yamaha! 750lbs) over 200 miles on it...
WOW!

awesome thanks FordForever for the info, ill google for it right now.

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts

·
1,834 Posts

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts

·
1,834 Posts
I have trailered my kodiak on that one and my dads vstar 1100...It was funny too, he wouldn't let me drive on the way home from the dealership with his bike on the trailer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts