Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say that I just received my UFO tail light from Hammy and I love it. Tons of options and shipping was lighting fast. I wish that the running patterns were a little more distinctive, but other than that I am really pleased with the whole out come. Complete install took about 1.5 hours and I used a dremel to do the work. Have already gotten a ton of people noticing and complimenting the lights

·
Registered
267 Posts
be sure to water-proof the control box. i installed mine, washed the bike, went for a ride and got about 30 miles from home before someone pointed out that i had no tail lights or break lights..........oh, and it was 830pm and getting dark. that was a fun ride home on the highway wondering who's going to :hump me and it be my fault. i have my box *teehee, he said box* enclosed in the little zip lock bag that came with the kit and another baggie rubberbanded around that. i'm still trying to think of a good way to create a box for my box that would give me worry free bike washing. let me know if you think of anything.
:flame

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that a while back I saw at radio shack they had little plastic boxes that had a snap close lid on it. I used one once before, I drilled a hole in the side of it and ran my wires then ciliconed around the hole.. It seemed to stay dry, but i did not use it on a bike, used it in a truck bed. It was for strobe lights. Don't really remember how many differnt sizes they came in either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
WHat you can do, which I have done for my electronics on my previous bike, is if you go to a sports store (hell, even walmart) they have water tight cases for fisherman, hunting, rafting and the like, mostly to hold cigs and things like that, come in many sizes. You would get one of these, slide it in, drill out a hole for the wires, and cilicone the holes tight, then you are good to go. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I wrapped mine in a couple balloons, with a zip-tie around the loose end. Seems to work pretty good so far.

I too, love the UFO!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
The UFO is just a replacement board inside the taillight houseing. The clear lens is glued to the black back of the taillight, so you have to Dremel the two pieces apart, replace the board, then reglue/silicone the lens back to the back of the light.

Easy process, just be careful and don't rush it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts