Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know summers arriving when the local bikers pub is packed out on the weekly meet night. Sure enough I had to don my leathers last night as my drive home in the car assured me it was a comfortable 17c. With rain predicted for the next few days I just had to get out.

Now some of you might be all year round riders, but Im not that brave or is that mental? Driving into work I jealously look at the odd biker filtering through the ques; then soon assured I've made the right choice when the heavens open, traffic seems more manic and visibility reduces, with car drivers swapping lanes quicker than Melandri changes bikes.

So taking advantage of last night warm weather I took the R6 for a spin. Oh its good to be back in the seat. Traffic... what traffic? Not a problem when you're on the bike - you set your own pace. All was going well until I exited a roundabout, saw everything was clear to overtake the battered flat-cap driver ahead and pulled out to gun past; only thing was is that the bike was leant over whilst I gave it a squirt. Whoops, the back end comes round to say hello and my nuts get christened with the tank. A reminder that the roads are not yet baking hot - summers not quite here yet.

The next mile has me wriggling round on the seat - no the wheels not going to fall off; you probably hit a patch of grit you idiot. Now get your head down and make the most of this glorious sunshine.

:stupic

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
nice read...thanks

I am fortunate to be a year round rider...BUT...I dont ride if its gonna rain, or cold, or whatever. I have a Dodge truck for those days. :)

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i'm a big sissy when it comes to cold weather....If it's not at least 75* my ass is driving a cage.
or unless it's a trackday, then i suck it up for manly hood sake:)

·
Lets go fishing4twisties
209 Posts
Now get your head down and make the most of this glorious sunshine.

:stupic
Im feeling you bro, i live up in west yorkshire and went to a Biker's Bar in Sherburn in Elmett which is popular on Weds and Suns. I'd been out a few days before and racked up 280 miles. ive just got the bike back after coming off with only 45 on the clock.

Seeing all those bikers and being back in that atmostphere really made me feel at home again and realised how long this winter has been.
There were the usual aray for different kinds of bikes and then this old guy pulls up right behind my "little" R6 on his brand new Ducati 1098R and in case no one knows that a £23,000 bike. i just had to take some pic's.
OH F**K, I CANT ATTACH ANY OF MY PICS BECAUSE THERE OVER THE PRESCRIBED KB. HOW IS IT I SEE LOADS OF PICS ON THIS SITE OF HIGH QUALITY SURELY THERE HIGHER THAN MY MISELY 319KB..

ANY ANSWERS ANYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
(Sorry, that just kinda killed my post)

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
Yesterday the weather was looking so nice in the morning so on our little family visit to the zoo all the way to Colchester I decide to ride my bike and meet them there. The ride was about an hour and a half. Well during the day the weather got a lot worse and when we were leaving it started downpouring. I waited till it stopped and hopped on my bike and took off. Not 10 minutes into the ride the rain started hammering down again and I drove home for the first time in the rain. Horrible feeling with a brand new bike between your legs with no experiance in the rain. It all went well in the end though, besides the insanely bad visibility it was a lot easier then I thought it was going to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts