Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone whom owns an 2003-2005 5sl put their bike through the ULEZ exemption test in or around London?

I'm thinking about doing it as I miss riding me bike into town for free.

I've looked on me logbook and the emissions part is blank, looked online ect can't find nothing stating the NOx emissions rating.

If its NOx level are below 0.15 g/km the bike will be exempt from paying the ULEZ charge.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Regards

Aaron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Aaron, you take a picture of the serial numbers stamped on the bike (not the stickers). One on the engine block just under the seat and one on the frame near the handlebars, go to the Yamaha website and apply for a certificate of conformity (will cost you £75 if you are not the first owner of the bike) wait up to 4 weeks, it took about 2 for me to get the certificate, they charged me a couple of days later after applying through an e-mailed link. You will get the certificate about a week after payment. Once you have the certificate take a picture of it and four pictures of your bike all sides, and also of your V5 and send it to TFL ulez exemption. I've put both links below, mine had 0.147 for NOx so should be good. I am just waiting for TFL's response as I have just done it myself on an 05 R6. I'm sure it will be ok an I did the process before for my SV650S. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Aaron, you take a picture of the serial numbers stamped on the bike (not the stickers). One on the engine block just under the seat and one on the frame near the handlebars, go to the Yamaha website and apply for a certificate of conformity (will cost you £75 if you are not the first owner of the bike) wait up to 4 weeks, it took about 2 for me to get the certificate, they charged me a couple of days later after applying through an e-mailed link. You will get the certificate about a week after payment. Once you have the certificate take a picture of it and four pictures of your bike all sides, and also of your V5 and send it to TFL ulez exemption. I've put both links below, mine had 0.147 for NOx so should be good. I am just waiting for TFL's response as I have just done it myself on an 05 R6. I'm sure it will be ok an I did the process before for my SV650S. Good luck.

Oh mate... you absolutely smashed it!!! Thanks soooo much:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh mate... you absolutely smashed it!!! Thanks soooo much:)
No probs, just to give you an update, mine is now showing exempt. I gave TFL the 10 working days to process the application but didn't hear back from them, so gave their ULEZ department a call and they sorted it out about 2 days later. Point is don't hesitate to call them if you don't hear back or its not showing exempt after that time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts