Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am sure you guys are wondering what the hell I am talkin about. Well after hearing all the complaints I have decided to fix the major problem with the 03/04 R6 headlights. What would you say if I told you can you could send me your headlight assembly and the next day I could send you back your headlight assembly with the low beams on the inside and the high beams on the outside??? Yes I said to have the low beam and high beam on the same sides. I am pretty sure I have figured it out, I am in research and development right now. This isnt an easy mod that I can explain like Angel Eyes so this will be done by me only, sorry. It involves drilling of the metal housing and more. But what would be great is it could possibly be direct plug and play, so all you gotta do is be able to take off your fairings, at most having to run a wire back to the battery which is simple. When you turn on your bike, the inside low beams(50w) will come on. When you flip the High beam switch, the outside High Beams will come on as well. Sorry I dont have pics right now, I gotta wait till I make sure it is perfect. I should be finished this weekend. Let me know what you guys think. I could also add on the option of having Angel Eyes inside as well. Also if I can find the correct spray paint colors then I could make the silver rings match your R6.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have some pics of the finished product soon. Sorry but no how-to on this mod.

·
Can u c my turn signals?
128 Posts
I would be very interest in getting this mod. done if it looked like it was professionally done. I will be waiting to see your pic. when it is done :hammer

Good luck with your research!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it will be super professional. I am going through all the options to find which looks best. Its harder than I thought it would be but I am almost done. What do you guys think about having the low beams turn on and off with a remote control instead of a switch or automatic?? It would still be a simple install.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Re: Ultimate Headlight Mod, Low inside High outside on same

HighBimminR6 said:
Also if I can find the correct spray paint colors then I could make the silver rings match your R6.
check www.color-rite.com for the factory paint colors........

sounds like a sweet ass mod. can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You mean 3rd and 4th bulbs. I will have pics and maybe a vid late tonight when its dark outside.

·
Registered
419 Posts
When the high beams are on will the low beam still be on?? How much $$ you talking to accomplish such a labor intensive mod??

Oh yeah did I forget to mention that I am totally interested?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I like the lighs on seperate sides...I just tell everyone my bike is winking at them

·
Registered
409 Posts
looks good but is your left outer lens broken in that pic with lights off

1 - 20 of 76 Posts