Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cruising on the 4th, I went to some back roads, then down to the local "spot" by the beach to cruise past the wall. I'm constantly adjusting my jeans while riding, for comfort - keep that in mind. After getting to the end of the wall i noticed a car pull up behind me, kind of close and start to flash me and beep. They just kept on doing it and I had no idea what was going on. It was one of those box-on-wheels looking scions. I felt my jacket pocket to see if they cell was vibrating, thinking it was a friend - nothing. We come to a straight with no other cars around and they pull up next to me. I slow down and there is a young girl (too young for some of you out there, i know what you're thinking haha) with her hand out the window holding...MY WALLET :eek5 I couldn't believe it :nocontrol She stretched out a little more and I was able to grab it. I was so thankful. Just kept yelling thank you and trying to signal my excitement and gratitude - they got the idea. It must have fallen out sometime when I was fixing my jeans, but they took the time to notice, stop, pick it up, then follow me, and i don't know how far back it had fallen. I would never have found it. Still can't believe they did that for me. Thought it was a nice story of people helping people. I keep everything in my zippered pockets on my jacket now.

Anyone ever help you out with something when you were riding?

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's such a warm and fuzzy story. Nice to hear someone having a good experience with a cager for a change :p And no, never had anything like that happen to me before.

·
Registered
136 Posts
you should keep it in your jacket poket bro...you do wear a jacket dont you?

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
That's awesome dude - I've never heard, seen or experienced anything like that sort of compassion from strangers before, much less strangers in a cage helping a rider!!! Glad you had someone looking out for your stuff for you!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
She was probably hoping to get "something" in return bro. You should have waved her to pull over and offered to buy her a drink or lunch or something.

noob :sing

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
You got lucky. Guess you learned not to keep your wallet in a open pant pocket. I keep mine under the locked passenger seat. I once had my garage door opener fall out of my ploy mesh jacket. I forgot to zip the pocket. Lesson learned.

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She was probably hoping to get "something" in return bro. You should have waved her to pull over and offered to buy her a drink or lunch or something.

noob :sing
Haha it was easy to tell she was too young, but the one driving...hmmm had to be at least 16 :laugh no thanks, but i hear ya. I should have pulled over and asked for some I.D. :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
you got lucky man. you should get a chain to hold your wallet on you. it works

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Good thing they weren't in a sports car, you probably would have sped off to get away from em thinking they were punks wanting to race!

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
and to think, if you took off riding like a squid you probably wouldnt have got your wallet back, decency goes both way just like karma lol.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
nice story, the only thing I've lost when riding has been a phone, doubt there was much left of it once it hit the ground.

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
Wow she must of had a good eye( or the driver) ! When I see little black pieces of squares on the highway, I always assume that its just a "road gator" retread off a tire.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts