Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching and found a guy on here trying to make an underseat exhaust for his bike using the 600RR stock exhaust....so I started thinking. Since the new FZ6 is based off the R6 motor...wouldn't that exhaust work given the clearance was ok? Then you could just weld a pipe on for a 600RR such as a Two Brothers pipe or something. Just wondering...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I don't think the FZ6 exhaust would work. where the pipe goes from the collector back is totally different than the R6. there's no room on the 6 for that configuration.

you would be better served going with Wolf Racing Underseats. They are designed for the 6 and can be powder coated too.

plus they look :boob especially in black powdercoat

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got any pics? I'd love to see them. Anyway....I was saying putting the full FZ6 exhaust on the R6. Oh well......I'm sure someone will do it or figure something out with way too much time on their hands. You're right though...you'd have to mod something for it to fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats me

I was the guy who is still gonna do it....I finaly got the damn exhaust after 6 weeks.....will be doing it in the next 2 weeks....the cbr exhaust fits perfect up in the rear subframe ....no need to mod the bike in anyway...I just got to get a new mid pipe made....and out here it cost $150....so I got to save up....will be posting lots of pics when its done for sure...

·
Registered
318 Posts
good luck man, cant wait to see the pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts