Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: I want an underseat exhaust for my 2004 yzf-r6. anyone know of some quality brands. i am trying avoid ripping my underseat apart to make the pipe fit. are wolf racing exhausts good.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
yes

·
Registered
407 Posts
i was looking at the wolf exhaust... looks like my ass will get really hot with the exhaust right underneath... also, looks like after extended riding, the plastic may start to melt from the heat.

does anyone have this exhaust installed? how hot does it get? especially underneath the passenger seat. I have a PCIII and a scorpio alarm under the seat, i don't want any of them to get ruined from heat from the undertail...

thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
WOLF Undertail Exhaust

i was looking at the wolf exhaust... looks like my ass will get really hot with the exhaust right underneath... also, looks like after extended riding, the plastic may start to melt from the heat.

does anyone have this exhaust installed? how hot does it get? especially underneath the passenger seat. I have a PCIII and a scorpio alarm under the seat, i don't want any of them to get ruined from heat from the undertail...

thanks
. :boob :boob :boob

·
Registered
487 Posts

I dont have any experience with Wolf's underseats, but I do know for sure that he includes some heat shield material to on the undertail. I really dont think any exhaust manufacters would make an underseat that might cause melting; it would just be too much of a recall expense if they didnt test first..SO what i', trying to say is i doubt anything would melt/get overheated.

wish i had the money to buy a new pipe, much less an undertail :poke

·
Registered
329 Posts
As I said in a parallel threat there are no heat issues at all - we supply heat shielding and you will not even feel warm from it let alone melt anything

·
Registered
712 Posts
Re: Wolf are the best

NoLegs said:
Bladerunners said:
Hi wolf are the best followed by Ixil (the only other people who do one)....
don't forget hotbodies, which i think "looks" the best:

Me, personally....I think that exhaust looks ugly as hell. Looks like a shit hole or something....Oh well, to each his own. I just wouldn't put one on my bike.

My friend jeff rides an 02r6 and has the wolf underseat system and he loves it...

·
Registered
712 Posts

penfold said:
redneck_r6 said:
My friend jeff rides an 02r6 and has the wolf underseat system and he loves it...
post up some pics
Sure thing,,,i'll try and track him down this weekend...he's at his girlfriends place down in riverside, probably :hump right now!!! :hammer

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

ok, if you didn't hear me the first time, let me double post this for ya!

get pics of that too!

·
Registered
712 Posts

penfold said:
redneck_r6 said:
he's at his girlfriends place down in riverside, probably :hump right now!!! :hammer
get pics of that too!
I wish i could....she's got some big ole :boob :hammer

·
Registered
12 Posts
just got my wolf undertail 4 days ago, installed it in less than an hour and it sounds mean as hell. It looks great and sounds even better. Oh yeah it's on a blue '04 R6. No heat issues what so ever but you may set off a few car alarms passing by at night :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts