Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an '03 R6 that has what appears to be the HotBodies undertail kit installed. Unfortunately, this kit does not come with a light to shine on the license plate, so driving at night is probably illegal at this point. I was looking around and found a license plate frame that shines a light onto the plate, and I thought that was a nice solution to the problem. I'm just wondering about the wiring...I'm guessing that tucked in above the undertail piece is the stock wiring for whatever plate light came on the bike, but I haven't looked.

My question is:

Is it just a simple splice? What would that wiring look like, and is it accessible from above (like by removing the seat cushions) or is it something that you have to take the undertail piece off for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is a simple splice under the undertail of the bike. I actually cut the original wiring harness and crimped on some splices for the new connects. I built my own fender eliminator out of extruded aluminum and mounted a strip of LEDs for a plate light. Looks pretty cool for night riding.

Good Luck,

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts