Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I purchased this undertail off of ebay. Item number: 4504046005 is the same tail

The instructions for installation I recieved are not the clearest. I know I am going to have to do some trimming but can someone show me a pic or 2 of where and what. The instructions say trim the support bard?? What is this and what is involved in the trimming?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I was too vague in my post cause I had no reply's what so ever. With any aftermarket undertail install, what did you guys have to trim from the battery tray area etc...

I am in need of a little help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got the same tail. i cut all black plastic from the "trunk" area back to where the clip to hold the tool bag rubber band is, all the black plastic from the sides of the battery tray to where is was a flush corner around, and trimmed the old taillight holder that goes on the very back where the tail fairing mounts in back, and i got a sweet looking fit. the little plastic fasteners wont's work if you don't cut the black plastic where they mount. BTW have you ran the wires yet? i did and the brake and blinkers didn't work, just the tail light, but the guy is sending me a replacement. anyhow, e-mail me at [email protected] if you wanna chat more about the install cuz i'm not 100% done either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, I will be installing the tail this weekend. I checked all the wiring on mine and it did work when I hooked it up, just to a power supply.. In another post in this section on the forum, I am trying to figure out what I am going to have to do with the wiring. Watch that post as well and see what is said.

·
Registered
12 Posts
where did you connect the blinker groun wires to get them to work? did you add them with the tail ground or did you just tape them off? are the blinkers pretty bright?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran the wires today and the only issue I have is that when I apply the brake and turn the signals the same time, my signals don't flash the way they should..Its almost like the brake lites take over, but there is a minor blink.

My flash rate is too high so I have to wire in a resistor first, then attempt the other issue..All in all...it worked out well

·
Registered
1 Posts
R6KIDD said:
I ran the wires today and the only issue I have is that when I apply the brake and turn the signals the same time, my signals don't flash the way they should..Its almost like the brake lites take over, but there is a minor blink.

My flash rate is too high so I have to wire in a resistor first, then attempt the other issue..All in all...it worked out well
I had the same problem - also from ebay. I think I might hook up some after market indicators at the rear if the cops give me any trouble here, they're pretty strict. (Australia)

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Guessing this is on your '99??

I am no help there, I have an '04 and didn't have to cut anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts