Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

My 2009 r6 have a little of unstable minimum revs but it's not a permanent issue, sometimes it works fine for weeks and then in the morning or afternoon the engine starts with trembling revs, lasts for two or three days and then again it's fine, have anyone had the same issue? Please watch the video below to see it by yourselves

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Manual recommend that the stock plugs be regapped every 8k miles. Check the gaps and report.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Were they measured and gapped prior to installation?

To some varying degree, mine has behaved similar for most of its life. (currently over 60k)
I notice less variance under either of two conditions:
1) Low Pressure system, such as rain.
2) Prolonged high-temp operation.
There's less variance when coasting (clutch in, no throttle) at a higher rate of speed.
It may also idle better after a "larger" transition in altitude during a start cycle.
Next time I notice that, will head back up/down to see whether idle behavior reverts.

Don't know about your '09 R6, but idle-air on my 2008 R6S is mechanically controlled.
Each cylinder has its own adjustments for air and that's what a throttle body sync basically does, is adjust idle-air for each cylinder.
I've looked at the vacuum numbers between cylinders and there wasn't any or enough difference to warrant any changes.
Bottom line is, I've just let it be. Only time I've had wild swings is when the plugs were fouling.

Diagnostic mode has a readout for the Throttle Position Sensor. Slowly twist an make sure that your readings aren't jumpy. The numbers should increment and decrement as smooth as butter. Inconsistent min/max number might also indicate an issue there; not necessarily with the sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts