Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So by the time I got the security guy to finally take a look at the cameras they had already recorded over the part I needed to see. I totally called that one. So I guess the dastardly dame that hit my bike gets away, which pisses me off to no end.

And I dropped by the dealership today to see how my baby was coming along and the printed off an estimate for about $1,300. Not too bad, especially since insurance is going to pay for it. What worries me, though is that they didn't even take a look at what was making that clacking noise when I revved the engine. I asked they guy about it and he said they hadn't even cranked it up yet. How can they get an accurate estimate without even listening to the engine, especially when I asked them to do that specifically?

Oh well. Here's a pic I took the day before my baby was defaced. It's the two R's. My friend's R32 and my R6.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
So did they find anything out about the 'klacking' sound? You made a claim on your insurance? That's good. About six months after I started riding I made a dummy mistake on a winding back road and had to make a claim to get her all fixed up, and my insurance payments actually dropped a few months after that! I think you get, like, one freebie or something like that with Progressive.

I hope she's all shiny after they're done! :toocool:

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, they hadn't look into the sound yet.

As far as insurance is concerned, It falls under Uninsured because my bike got hit by a car, and the other person's insurance is unable to pay (because that other person is unknown). And since it isn't my fault, my rates won't go up.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
As far as insurance is concerned, It falls under Uninsured because my bike got hit by a car, and the other person's insurance is unable to pay (because that other person is unknown). And since it isn't my fault, my rates won't go up.
That's good to hear. :yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts