Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from the guy who i watched go down last night. He is ok for the most part doesnt remember the crash at all remembers me bein there and stuff but nothing before. Injuries are as follows: Broken left wrist and fractured left forearm, cracked left side collar bone, concusion and a bunch of bruises and cuts. Helmet saved his life and jacket saved alot of road burn. Told him when he is better send pics of the bike and give me an update once he is out of the hospital.

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
ouch. atleast he'll be alright.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
^yup... def sounds like he wouldnt be with us anymore if he was the typical gixxer squid. I praise you for stopping. Karma is real, and you my friend, now have it on your side.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Damn what caused it?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
thats great to hear that he's gona be alright. and thats was a cool thing to do by helping him out!!!!

speaking of the typical gixxer squids you shaould have seen the 2 i saw last night. for one it looked like it was gona rain, both guys had wife beaters on, one had jeans and the other had shorts. neither of the had any gear, no gloves, helmet,boot, jacket..... they had zero gear. they didn't even have sunglasses for the wind in their eyes.

also they both had their girls on the back wearing capris, and tank tops and flip flops... at least they had on helmets b/c its the law for passengers around here. this isn't a city street either, this was an expressway that goes through a town and then burns back into highway.

its sad that some people can be this f-ing stupid!!!!! and even wrose have others follow.... sorry for the rant.... now back to the thread.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
^ check the first post.... it was a branch in the road.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=785605#post785605

I was on my way home from my gf's house at around 12 last night when a guy on gixxer 1000 flew by me (i wasnt exactly doin the speed limit myself). He made it just outside my head light range when his tail light went up in the air. I hit my brakes and the next thing i know i dodging parts all over the road. I pull over and run to the side of the road where the bike is a total mess no guy though (p.s. no lights on this road) i finally run up far enough and see the guy tryin to sit up i lay him down and i call 911 and see him off to the hospital left my number with the paramedics so they can call to tell me how he is. Walk back to the bike to see why he went end over end. A tree branch was in the middle of the road that im guessing at his speed he couldnt avoid. I missed it cause i was in the other lane (thank god) or it would have been me headed off to the hospital. Ill post again once i get a call from the hospital lettin me know how he is.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn..glad you both are ok!
ya kinda gets u stomach sick afterward thinkin that could have been you or if i didnt hit the breaks when i did i would have hit some of his bike and been lying next to him

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
Awesome news! Sounds like he still may have a future with riding!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
thats awesome to hear that he is ok i know how you feel Joe everytime we work on a motorcycle wreck i get a little sick thinking that could be me laying there

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
little bit more news about this guy he called me again laughing said that night he woke up vomiting with pain they missed 2 broken ribs during the MRI scan on his right side! kinda sucky i think but he said he is doin fine they have him on morphine now until the pain subsides

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man that sucks but glad to hear he is ok. Really first class of you to stop and help this guy out. Some people probably would have just been like somebody else will stop and help so I will keep going. Stay safe out there guys this could happen to any of us.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
thats awesome to hear that he is ok i know how you feel Joe everytime we work on a motorcycle wreck i get a little sick thinking that could be me laying there
haha beat ya to it.....motorcycle call last night...motorcyclist ran his bike into a ditch...nothing bad BLS mumbo jumbo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts