Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
#becausemotorcycles
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:secret

YAMAHA is due to announce a revised version of one of its R-series sports bikes this week.

Details are scarce but Visordown understands one of the current YZF-R models has received new styling, suspension, brakes and wheels. The frame and engine are unchanged.

That narrows it down to the R125, R6 or R1.

Official details are due to be released on Friday morning.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/updated-r-series-yamaha-to-be-announced-this-week/24492.html

:popcorn:

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
You son of a bitch. Every time someone makes a new R6 thread, Yamaha bones us another year..... :laugh

No, really though, its the R1 and the little one and the R6 is getting a boning.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I figure its the R1 since its the flagship bike.

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Updated BNGs

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
sheet

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
We all want this........ but deep down.. you know it won't be the 6. So why get our hopes up for the fall. :( :cuss :comp

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'll be willing to bet that the r1 is getting all of that new goodness, and with it some traction control, in the last few years it has not been ranked that greatly by mag testers due to its lack of electronic rider aids (only really second to the bikes with them, testers still love the bike). With the kawi having a limited tc setup, and still keeping the cost down, i'll say that yamaha is doing the same.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
#becausemotorcycles
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:thumbdown :BS

YAMAHA will this week announce an updated version of its YZF-R125 sports bike, with new styling, suspension, brakes and wheels.

The popular learner model is expected to get lighter wheels, upside-down forks and a new front brake disc with radially-mounted caliper.

Styling will be revised to more closely resemble the bigger R6, with a new air-duct in the fairing nose between the headlights.

The frame and engine have not been changed.

Official details are due to be announced on Friday morning.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/updated-r125-due-this-week/24498.html

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
I'll be willing to bet that the r1 is getting all of that new goodness, and with it some traction control, in the last few years it has not been ranked that greatly by mag testers due to its lack of electronic rider aids (only really second to the bikes with them, testers still love the bike). With the kawi having a limited tc setup, and still keeping the cost down, i'll say that yamaha is doing the same.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm pretty sure the R1 has already had traction control for a couple years now.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Updated BNGs
I'm pretty sure the R1 has already had traction control for a couple years now.
I thought this as well. I thought it didnt have ABS. But R1s are for teh gheys so I wouldnt know.
Shiiit.. I was holding out till the new r6 comes out..
This shouldnt be a surprise, really, since its only February. The new superbikes will come out in September like they usually do. But with everyone upping their game lately, yamaha has to update the R1. Its big, fat, ugly, and underpowered....:laugh

And the worst three lettersfor any motorcycle enthusiast....

BNG....

·
TrackDaz Dude
359 Posts
The R1 has had TC since 2012's model. Its also still the best selling open bike in spite of US mag dudes not liking it as it doesn't win on the dyno.

My program supported by Yamaha, and never we get any sort of memo when the new models are coming until they've already been announced, usually in September.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts