Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read a bunch of posts on tires and I realize everyone has an opinion about which they think are best. But, I still have two quick questions:

1) Do I need to replace both front and back at the same time? The rear definitely has to go but the front seems OK.

2) I live in the northeast and want to get as many miles as I can so I need a tire that is well equipped for cold weather and rain as well as nice days. Can someone suggest a tire specifically for this area of the country?

·
Registered
320 Posts
im in the 518

and i agree with 05r6raven

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
I'm 20min from the city so I hear you on the weather.
1. Change both tires at the same time.
2. I run PP and love them....although I avoid the rain so I wouldn't know how they handle in those type of weather conditions.

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I'm also in the 518 and I run a PP front, and PP2CT rear, I love them, but I'm not getting the greatest mileage out of them, but what the heck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just threw on Mezteler M3's and I love them so far. They have been tearing up these crappy Syracuse roads and fine so far in the rain we have been having. We should meet up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New Power Pilot 2cts, front and back. I get them on tommorrow. Cant wait, ill let ya know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts