Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm from the Netherlands and I want to get myself a new r6. The cost for a bike like that is about 11000 euro ( aprox. 14080 dollar !! ) Now I wonder what the R6 in the usa costs, so maybe it's better/cheaper to import the bike, not that I don't want to pay but damn I have just a simple job.. :mrgreen:

Grtz

·
Registered
392 Posts
wow that's just ridiculous...in the US it's around $7200 - $9200

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
get the european version. consider yourself lucky. you have the option to get the R46.
yes yes!

also, by the time you factor in Fx rates and shipping/insurance costs, it'd prolly be the same anyways.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Yeah, in the end because of conversions and such, it most likely would not be worth it to import.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
See how much it would cost to ship and if a US dealer would be willing to do it.

If an R6 costs $14,000 there. Then as long as shipping and registering the bike there would be less than $5000 you would still save $1000. I bet you could call a dealership in the midwest US and get an '04 for close to $7200.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies, I think I go for the r6 in my own country. There is a dealer 5km from my home. ( www.vanmeelmotoren.nl ) . Holland is just an expensive place to be I guess..
... :roll:

Grtz

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's about the same price I seen for over here in Belgium. Even the gear is priced way to high for what you would pay in the states.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
^ Man oh man I've said it before and i'll say it again, choco that is an awesome avatar. :jump

·
Registered
9 Posts
Motorcycle News in the Uk SAYS...note that word,it may not turn out that way,the 05 R6 will be about £6000..a bit cheaper than 11,000 euros...but..you"ll have to register the vehicle in Netherlands,and loads of other bureacratic bollocks i expect...but you may save money.Mind you my maths is VERY suspect!Smuggling one from the USA would be cool ,if you have your own import/export business...unfortunately,our firm only exports to USA...DOH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.