Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1100 miles on this thing... the salesmen said the person dropped it and 'got scared' of it, so he sold it to them.

he said there are a couple scratches on the pastic and the tank is dented but you cant spot it unless he points it out to you.

when i first called him he said $7000, i was going to counter with $6700 but asked what his absolute bottom dollar for the bike was and he said the $6595 so i told him sold.

good deal?

oh yes, and i'll be signing up for an MSF course since they took my totalled '07 away yesterday :'(

BTW I kept the set of tools for the '07... will those work just the same for the '06 or not? ..and if not... if anyone is interested... you know... i'll sell 'em cheap. ;)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Nice bike. Seems like a decent deal. :D

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
No Deal -- $6200 with TTL - The bike is almost 2 years old and why should you pay almost the same for a new bike.. Plus the dude dropped it

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
Heck no!

It would be an OK deal IF there were no damages. With damages, it better be around $5500's. New clearance 07's are going for around 7800 (NEW), 06's used should be around 6500. 06's with damages, regardless of special edition or not, should be alot less.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
....and that's a major repair also. You're looking at $600 to get that fixed.

·
Get One UP
665 Posts
I bought my 07 with 0 miles for $7200 otd.. I wouldnt pay that much for a bike thats been dropped.. tell them to fix the tank and you got a deal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh .. too bad i left work right after i posted this. the dealership was an hour away from where i live, so i drove up there once to sign the bill of sale then rode up with someone to pickup the bike. 20+ mph winds in my face coming home. i ended up having a chiropractor appt i was late for so i hit that up and it was quite the relief.

anyhow the damages arent severe at all... the tank dent is visible to anyone who knows the bike. i'll get some pictures of the damage tomorrow.

i wouldve liked another 07 but i think ill hold off on another new one until next year maybe. i wanted the 50th anniv. ed. initially, so hopefully this turns out to be a good bike :)

btw the side that was dropped is the side shown in the pic above.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
noticed the oil is leaking from where it was dropped.
anyway we had some decent weather for the first time since wednesday when i brought this thing home. i got over to my friends last night and noticed it was dripping oil from where it was laid down.

guy at the dealers said they did a full service but don't have any records due it being an in-house deal. there was a little oil on the dipstick when i checked it last night, the warning light was not on, but i just drove it home after that.

1) you think they'll own up and fix this little problem?
2) what kind of oil should i put in this for the 60 mile trip back to where i got it from? --guy i talked to yesterday, although not a mechanic, said not to mix oil. dunno.
3) it looks nice outside and i want to ride it a little - should i?

my apologies for the huge pic.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
congrats on the bike but imo you could have got a better deal but not trying to bust your bubble here as long as your happy buddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts